• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice re getting wifes for my buns...

sun_city_girl

Warren Veteran
So eventually when I move I am going to set up the shed for my current boy buns, or may get another shed or at least wendy house/massive hutch so they can have a home each and then I would like to get them rescue girlfriends but how do I do this? Do I just send them off to any rescue to be bonded? or do I have to pick a bun want them to be bonded with first? its just I am not fussy and if there are buns in rescues that need a home I dont mind who they are bonded with as long as they are happy together!I am aware I would need a homecheck and things but just would like some advice with getting started!and where I should be looking or should I be putting my buns up saying somewhere saying they would like a wife each?

Well you could start by pm-ing some of the rescues on here. As far as I know a few of them will bond your bunnie for you with whichever rabbits they get on with best :) You will probably want to enquire about adoption and bonding fees too and most rescues will want to see your home set up either by photo or in person. Also you may be subject to a homecheck and of course there will be forms to fill out.

In terms of choosing a rescue, its best to check the sister site for RU which is Rabbit Rehome. You can search by location and find a rescue nearby although many of them will rehome nationally and help to organise bunny runs if needed.

Good luck finding a rescue that meets all your requirements, I hope your boys are successful in their search for love :D

Back