• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit chews everthing in the gardn but none of her toys

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
So my rabbit chooses to chew on the fenching, decking, table and chairs, wooden plant boxes and anything else she can get her terth on but won't chew her hutch or her grass/wooden chew toys. She never used to do it but now all of a sudden there are chunks missing from the fenching and the garden chairs. Any advice as what I could do? Thanks x

Has she had a vet check? Or teeth issues? gut issues? and I think the other one is kidney issues?

He last check she had was in November for her myxi jab and he gave her a basic look over to see she was healthy enough to have the jab and he said she was fine. She eats her hay veg and pellets like she usually would do, nothing wrong with her poos or anything. I have noticed that when she is in the garden she tends to sit around looking quite bored. She has the whole garden to run around. She does at first. Has a run around and searches and munches some grass. But then she just gets bored and sits under a bench. So maybe chewing is her being bored?? :S

is she on her own? it could likely be frustration and boredom. not because of lack of toys but lack of companionship. i would also suggest teeth check also is she per chance unneutered and around a year old? roughly? as it could just be hormonal? x

Yeah I was wondering if it might be loneliness but I don't have a hutch big enough for 2rabbits :s I was thinking of getting her a friend but not until I know I have enough room. She is about a year and a half and has been neutered. I don't know if she will get on with another rabbit but I will ask my mum about it and see what we can do about companionship

Back