• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blossom's Story.

ibeamonkey

New Kit
A few days ago, I logged into facebook and saw a picture of a beautiful bunny, that was crammed in a small box and look very scared. I looked under the photo, to see the owner had posted that she was for sale, and needed to go before the day was over, or they would send her off to an illegal staffy fighting ring for bait (This staffy ring has been reported to the RSPCA)
I told them I would come and get her, so I jumped in the car (at 6pm) and drove 2 hours to pick her up. She ran up to me like she knew I would look after her. They gave me some cheap rabbit food (I think it's a Lidl or Aldi mix) and some hay, and passed me the rabbit (Literally passed her...not even a box to put her in!) Luckily, I had a roomy dog carrier to take her home in. I already had a spare guinea pig cage, and the room to attatch a C&C run on the front. I'm sitting in the run with her now, and she is binkying all around me! She loves being cuddled, and fell asleep on my chest earlier today.
bunbun.jpg

Could someone possibly give me a link to a list of safe and unsafe vegetables to feed her?

Well done you for rescuing Blossom, she is gorgeous! So pleased she's settled in so well :D

Have you reported the people getting rid of her too? I would think the RSPCA might want to know more about this considering they obviously have links to illegal activity and if they didn't care for blossom what's the likelihood they will look after other animals properly? Might be worth just informing them so there is some record even if at this stage nothing can be done.

As for safe veg I don't have a full list but there will be many people on here who are able to help. But remember to introduce all vegetables slowly so you can check that she is tolerant to them and rule out any that upset her tummy and also if she is still a baby (she looks very young) you shouldn't give her any fresh veg yet, I don't know the proper age to wait till but again people on here will be able to advise you better than I can.

I hope you and Blossom are very very happy together :D

What a lucky girl and how kind of you to save her like that... :thumb:

I'd agree about holding back on veg. for the time being. She's :love:

ETA She's almost certainly not vaccinated - I'd get her myxi vacc done first and ask the vet then about introducing veg. Have you got a rabbit-savvy vet lined up? Again, people on here will advise if not. :)

What a beautiful and very lucky little girl. :love:

Well done for rescuing her and saving her life. :thumb:

She is so beautiful - well done for rescuing her :love:

As for the people she came from - since they are so tough that the wanted to use the poor little mite as bait in a staffy fight, I think they should themselves be "used as bait" in a huge lion den at a zoo of their choice :evil::evil::evil:

What vile people!!!:evil::evil:
Blossom is beautiful and actually has the same colouring as my Blossom!! She is a lionhead lop - the same but really fluffy! Well done you - so pleased and happy to hear she is safe with you now.
my Blossom

Back