• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Bengie

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
For the many of you who know Thumper well it honestly isn't Thumper!

Hi everyone at RU I'm Bengie. I've been in my forever home with Thumps_ for 2 whole days now.
My story is on http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?326216-Erm-I-m-falling-for-it-again!
so here I am.
This is me in my new pad. It's HUGE, & I'm allowed in the rest of the house lots of times a day. I'm really proud of myself today because mummy has taught me how to come downstairs & I did it all the way down 3 times today.
Mummy wants to know how old I am & whether I'm going to be a big boy when I grow up. (My plums haven't dropped yet)

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

Bengie , welcome to RU, it's lovely to finally meet you!:love::love:

He is stunning!:love::love:

Meant to say that those are some impressive poops beside you!

Hello Bengie, you are a handsome bun :love:

Am I the only one who scrolled back to look at the poops when I read aliduncan1's post? :oops: Very impressive they are too!

His tail. :love::love::love::love:

Oh I wonder if he'll grow into his features? Either way he is so cute. Does he stand quite far off the ground? It looks like he does in the last picture. This is how Grim is, very long legged and he's 3.4kg.

Thank you everyone. Yep, he does poops like marbles, & really tucks into his food & apple twigs.:D
He tried some foraged plantain tonight yummy!
I've had a bit of trouble with both camera & computer & somehow managed to make 9 copies of each photo.:shock: I just posted the 1st ones available while I sort out the mess. I hope to put up some better ones tomorrow.
I think he's gorgeous, especially his big ears.:love:

Oh what a gorgeous boy, and what a lovely shiny coat! I am really looking forward to hear how he develops and following his adventures :love:

His tail. :love::love::love::love:

Oh I wonder if he'll grow into his features? Either way he is so cute. Does he stand quite far off the ground? It looks like he does in the last picture. This is how Grim is, very long legged and he's 3.4kg.

He's all out of proportion in several areas. His back legs & feet, tail & ears are large for his small face but his front legs are quite dainty. I also noticed when he first binkied he didn't quite have control of his back feet, but not pathologically as in a neurological disorder, more like a young animal. His co ordination had improved a lot just over the 2 days here. It could be that he's been confined for a long time. There's no muscle or weight on him, but his coat is in good condition.

We're certainly over the humpy "problem" tonight. He's got the best temperament anyone could wish for. He's an absolute sweetie.

Oh...Judy he is magnificent! I'm wondering if he could be a New Zealand...although I thought those only had white fur. Perhaps a Flemish cross. No matter what he is he is splendid! :)
I noticed the poops too. Those are right beauties. :)
It's my understanding that the bigger bunnies are the power snugglers. His antics heretofore are showing me that he's marvelously comfy with you already. You've both been incredibly blessed with one another.

I couldn't be happier for you. :D

:wave: Hi biscandmat1 It's lovely to meet up with you again after so long. How are your little un's doing?

Thanks so much Mimzmum. Yes Bengie & I seem to be very well suited indeed. He's been fine tonight & even more settled. Bunnies have an incredibly acute sense of smell. I'm sure he's been confused by being able to still smell a mixture of Thumper & I. A complete head to toe wash with different soap/shampoo & complete change of clothing seems to have helped him enormously.

He's so much like Thumper in so many ways but temperamentally completely different - so far.
Thumper had a very strong determined personality, & very definite ideas of how he wanted his environment to be organised. I was quite stretched to understand what he wanted, & work out a mutually acceptable solution.
Thus far, Bengie seems happy to accept his environment as it is. Bengie loves his hay filled hidey hole whereas Thumper never used his, & found his own places.:lol:
Bengie likes his food too, which is good to see.:)

ETA On reflection it's nothing short of miraculous that Beccie could see Bengie in the road with traffic nose to bumper in the dark. It was very courageous of her to do an emergency stop, leap out, & stop the traffic in both directions to catch him.
I can well believe he just sat free in the back of the car while she drove him home - he's remarkably accepting.

Last edited:
Back