• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hmm I find this suspicious???

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Well my friend's rabbit was put to sleep today....
I asked what was wrong with it as I know it has'nt had any vaccinations this year due to them getting a puppy they made the excuse they couldn't afford to vaccinate it,:evil: where we live it is surrounded by fields and wild rabbits!!

anyway... the rabbit was a lop and was apparently deaf and was 8 -9 yrs old (apparently) he lived with 2 guinea pigs..... in a small hutch inside a run, the hutch was hardly ever cleaned and reeked!!! :evil:

over the christmas holidays he said it was looking 'old' and 'not doing anything' and they brung it in and then put it out again, I was going to say this is bad for them but didn't want to get involved :roll:

He has been saying the past year it will die soon because it is 'old' it annoyed me how he would say ' its going to die soon' - Just because its old doesn't mean it will die. :evil:

so today I asked him on facebook why he was put to sleep, He said his dad went out to see them and he didn't look well, he wasn't moving and when his dad touched him he would go fidgety ..

so they took it to the vets and apparently there was nothing they could do and had to be pts.

I suggested it could be VHD and sent them the link of info about it...

He replyed the vet said he was old...

Hmmmmm what do you think?????? :?

I think that you'll never know, it may have been old age but then could have been something else. Very sad about the living conditions but that's something we cannot always get people to change no matter how hard we try and give advice. A good vet won't have PTS unless it was necessary. I hope their guinea pigs are okay :(

I think that you'll never know, it may have been old age but then could have been something else. Very sad about the living conditions but that's something we cannot always get people to change no matter how hard we try and give advice. A good vet won't have PTS unless it was necessary. I hope their guinea pigs are okay :(

:roll:

the vets they went to is the vets we use and they are a good vet and we have had no trouble with them :)

I know its so difficult trying to educate friends who simply don't 'care' about the welfare of pets.... really annoys me :evil:

I hope the piggys are okay, they are lovely things although not tame as they never handle them, they think they will become tamer naturally when they age!! hmmm :roll:

em..... I would try and not dwell on it or youll upset yourself :(

you will probably never know as he dsnt seem to want to be honest with you or take responsibility...

*hugs*

em..... I would try and not dwell on it or youll upset yourself :(

you will probably never know as he dsnt seem to want to be honest with you or take responsibility...

*hugs*

^^ sadly prob this:cry: Id do a special little ceremony for this bunny....hopefully he is happier and in better health over the bridge:cry: So very sad how so many animals suffer in silence:cry::cry::cry: Hopefully they wont get another bunny:cry:

On a more positive note, this bunny was checked, found to be in need of help and taken to a vet for appropriate treatment. Some areas of care may not have been perfect, but someone cared enough to do the right thing when it was really needed. Many don't have that privilege and live much shorter lives in suffering. Don't be too hard on yourself or your friend.

RIP bunny.

Back