• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodnight to MJ

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I haven't posted on here for ages, but I wanted to post my tribute here to my beautiful bunny, MJ, who I adopted from Kay at Bunnyhops some years ago now.

MJ had been handed in to Kay and was being fostered by Karen at her house when I took my bunny Pippa to meet him. They bonded instantly and formed a very close partnership, which was cut short when Pippa died of suspected EC :( I took him again to Kay's and he found Opal there, who has been a very loyal and loving partner to him, looking after him after he gradually went blind over the past year.

For the past few months he has been losing weight and it has been increasingly difficult to keep him clean. His quality of life had decreased too as he retreated into his shell. The highlight in his day was his carrot. The other night he tried to steal Opal's carrot even though he was standing on his and he obviously didn't realise it!!

Sadly this week I took him to the vets as he was in a terrible mess and very thin and he had stopped eating apart from his carrot and was not looking well or happy. We felt it the best thing to let him go to Rainbow Bridge :(

MJ was the sweetest, gentle and friendly bunny ever and I will really miss him. Here he is last summer snuggling up to Opal (MJ is the black/white bun)

RIP MJ xx by kayjay1809, on Flickr

MJ is beautiful. He looks like my Herbie who went to the Bridge very recently. :(

Goodnight MJ, sleep tight beautiful boy. xx

So sorry to hear about MJ, he was a lovely bun and had a great life with you.

Thank you for giving him the home he deserved xxx

Sleep tight MJ xxx

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments and a special thanks to Kay for letting me adopt him in the first place. Opal seems to be coping ok at the moment, as soon as the wind and rain stops I'm going to open her run up (as I had to close access to it as MJ kept falling down the hole to the ramp :cry:) and get her some boxes to play with etc.

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. At least he can now sleep peacefully.

Binky free sweet MJ xxxx

Back