• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The great escape

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
cue the music

how many of you have had your bunnies escaped from their indoor cages

Yuri made a great escape a few mornings ago I woke up to head wood being scratched jumped out of bed and some how she had managed to open the pen door.... :shock: no idea how.... :shock:

but she got behind the ottermen which she was biting lol

yuki stayed in the pen like a good girl and looked at me to say "look what shes doing" I shook my head and said "I know yuki I know" I fished yuri out and put her back she thumped in disgust and I now have a lock on it :shock:

When I first got Kermit he was just a wee tot of a baby bunny. He was a cage biter. One day OH came in from work and there was Kermit sitting on the rug outside of his cage. It looked like there was no way out of his cage, but on closer inspection he had bit one of the cage bars so it could be stretched and he had squeezed out of a tiny wee space.....we were lucky that he never caught himself and done himself some harm!

They are such wee rascals at times.

Hopscotch can open his pen door - he just scrabbles at it until the bolt slides over! So I would have to push something up against the door to stop him being able to get out. Then he got into the habit of lifting the pen up, balancing it on whatever I'd used to make sure he couldn't open the door, and escape underneath. :roll: It is tied shut at night now and I make sure there's nothing near enough for him to balance the pen on!

Hopscotch can open his pen door - he just scrabbles at it until the bolt slides over! So I would have to push something up against the door to stop him being able to get out. Then he got into the habit of lifting the pen up, balancing it on whatever I'd used to make sure he couldn't open the door, and escape underneath. :roll: It is tied shut at night now and I make sure there's nothing near enough for him to balance the pen on!

little Houdini's arent they :shock: you have a clever bun there

Mini jumped out of the NIC panel enclosure once. I still don't know how she did it!

little Chelseabun (who we acquired from Angie's rascal training camp up in Barnsley) managed to get out of our C&C pen despite it being REALLY high and her being tiny. We refused to believe she jumped it and then one day we watched her jump half way up and then 'spiderman' run up the cage wall and over the top :shock::lol:

we decided no pen could contain her, so she now has her own bedroom to practice her spider powers

I used to have my two in a dog crate with attached large run made from puppy panels... N&T could jump clear over the top of them :roll: So I put mesh over the top and they used to jump at it until the pegs fell off and then jump out :evil:

When the girls were spayed and in their rest recovery time - well - after a few days when I was sortimg their food out etc - next thing I know is Indiana has jumped right out the top!:lol: "Ive had enough rest thankyou very much" was the look i got! They were like WHY are you keeping us confined - we fine!:lol::love::love::love:

Yesterday Archie jumped into a cardboard box I had used to store some dried forage for them but the box was quite small so he just ended up with his butt in the air doing a handstand in the box!:lol::lol::lol::lol: I didnt quite know how to help him for second!:lol::lol:

T

Back