• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do?

crazy daisy

Warren Scout
Would you rather pay abit extra for a operation with a vet that uve seen on a regular basis for consultations, that knows how much your animals mean to you and how dedicated you are to them etc, but has never performed an op on your bunny. Or would you go to a vet that is cheaper and that you may have only seen once for a consultation prior to actual op, that also hasn't ever performed an op on your bunny. Hope this makes sense!

I'd choose the better vet. They'd have to be rabbit savvy. No way is anyone else laying a finger on my buns in an operating theatre. :)

I would go to the vet I trusted the most. I would use gut instinct, but likely that would be the one I had always used.

I do see the most expensive vet in the area because he is the best around here and he hasn't ever let any of my crew down. I'd rather pay that extra for that service.

Always try and see my bunny savvy vet unless it's an emergency and she's not available I will wait :thumb:

That's what i would do aswell. I know my vets are expensive but the vet i see most regulary is good and i do trust him. He listens to me and explains what he is doing etc. He hasn't operated on any of my buns before but another vet at a diff surgery said that he is a really experienced surgeon and praised him, he has also carried out the op that Daisy may need to have before.
The issue Im having atm is my oh parents. They keep saying that the vets are just trying to con me out of money and that they are going to be 'nice' to me cos they just want my money. My oh tells me that they are just trying to save me money but Im trying to explain that id rather pay abit more to see a vet Ive seen before rather than a completely new one. Also if i was to see another vet for Daisys op would i have to be referred by my current vet? Does this normally involve a fee? Thanks for your replies, Im at my wits end atm :(

If you are paying yourself, think you'll just have to tell your parents what you are going to do and ignore their protests.

That's what id like to do babsie but we live with them so Im hearing it all the time. I can't really say too much to oh cos he gets humpy. Also Im the only one working so money is very tight and the op is going to be expensive but sometimes money isn't everything, they just don't seem to understand how much my bunnies mean to me. :(

Back