• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pre-existing conditions (insurance question)

AnnieElms

Mama Doe
I just insured two of my buns. I am just slightly confused as there was no option to input pre-existing conditions (applied online). I assumed you would have to declare these when applying. Does anyone know how it works? Is it the vet who would sign to say that something being claimed for was a new condition?

Sorry am new to pet insurance, just confused about how it works!:)

I've found (for cats at least) that they tend to just ask the vet for the whole history when making a claim, so they can see for themselves that there is nothing pre-existing in that respect. They seem to have stopped asking for this info up front in recent years.

I've found (for cats at least) that they tend to just ask the vet for the whole history when making a claim, so they can see for themselves that there is nothing pre-existing in that respect. They seem to have stopped asking for this info up front in recent years.

Ah ok, that makes sense, thank you :D

Back