• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aisling is Unwell Again -U/D Now Patrick Too -U/D 2 And Freckle (Hamster) :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
She is showing all the signs of Dental pain. Her last Dental was only 10 days ago :cry: Laura said that the crowns of her lower right molars are not great, but we are reluctant to put her through another GA just 10 days after the last one. We think it may be tooth root pain rather than pain from sharp crowns. So Aisling is on a high dose of Metacam today but if there is no improvement by tomorrow morning she will have to be admitted for yet another Dental :cry:

Last edited:
She is showing all the signs of Dental pain. Her last Dental was only 10 days ago :cry: Laura said that the crowns of her lower right molars are not great, but we are reluctant to put her through another GA just 10 days after the last one. We think it may be tooth root pain rather than pain from sharp crowns. So Aisling is on a high dose of Metacam today but if there is no improvement by tomorrow morning she will have to be admitted for yet another Dental :cry:

Oh Jane, this is heartbreaking, hope the metacam helps.

Aisling is doing better now the Metacam has kicked in, pretty sure it's her tooth roots that are the problem :cry:

But now I have just discovered huge spurs all along Patrick's lower left molars. So it looks like he will be having his first ever Dental tomorrow....................... *sigh*

I feel really sorry for all buns that suffer with their teeth, and for their owners who have the endless trauma of getting their bun through each episode:cry:

Loads of vibes for Aisling xx

What frustrates me is that Buns like Patrick ( a Lop) should NOT have Dental problems based on the fact that he has had a diet based on 80-90% hay/grass since the age of 5 weeks !!

Oh no, Im sorry to hear she may need another one so soon :cry: What is the treatment for tooth root problems Jane?

And poor Patrick aswell :( Vibes for all xxx

Poor bunnies. I'm glad the metacam is helping Aisling. Dentals are so horrible and like you say frustrating when you are doing everything right diet wise. xxxxx

Not little Freckle :( What are his symptoms? Are tooth problems common in hamsters too? X

She woke up with a soaked front from drooling. She tried to pick up a Banana Chip but kept dropping it. She can eat her Hamster Food and Veg/Cheese/though

I have no idea about Dental problems in Hamsters. Her mouth is not smelly, so I dont think it is an infection in her pouches and she is not showing any signs of pain :? We have an appointment with Laura tomorrow morning

Oh Jane, my heart goes out to you. I have 1 dental bun and I get stressed out each time so I can only imagine what it is like to have 3 animals who are showing symptoms at the same time.

I must admit I worry so much about Poppy's teeth as she wont let me get too close to her so I cannot check them, I have just got to hope and pray that I notice any changes in her behaviour and ask the vet to check them each time we go for a vaccination. I hope they all get on okay tomorrow at the vets:wave: It must be horrible having three poorly:cry:

Back