• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlotte just refused her pellets :( UD Doing better today

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
She is eating hay though.
Classis teeth problems right? :cry:
Im just soaking some to see if that helps. I'll pop into the vets after work x

Last edited:
Could be teeth, could be GI tract-especially the cecum. Is she drinking enough ?

I hope the Vet can find out what is wrong, sending vibes.

Back from vets

I went in to see him (bet hes sick of me doing that but I did take them some ice cream in!) He says he doesnt think its her teeth as when he checked them on Monday there were no spurs or anything, just the slight inward top teeth.
He has given me some Metacloperamide syrup to use for 3 days and Im not go phone if she worsens.

Im no expert but my gut feeling is telling me its her teeth :? Or maybe Im just obsessing now I know they might be a problem :oops:

Oh dear :(

Time to try another vet further afield?

I would have to travel an hour and a half both ways to reach the next nearest rabbit savvy vet :( Charlotte doesnt travel well. I do trust my current vet and hes great with the buns, gentle amd thorough. I think im just panicking because Im worried :oops:

I really cannot understand it at all :cry:

Would he listen to tearful pleading ?

Or maybe furious rants ?

The latter may make future contact a problem though.

Well he did give in and agree to Mimi having it for her head tilt after I relentlessly pestered him for it. I knew she needed it and he knew I wouldnt give up ;)

He thinks that Metacam can actually cause stomach upsets, is there any basis to this that you knowof?

Fortunately Charlotte is alot better today :) She pestered me for her pellets then gobbled them down as normal. Her poos are a much bigger size than yesterday, although they are abit furry. It must be her moult and injested fur thats causing the problem. Hopefully its a good sign its passing through.

Im off today so I can keep an eye on her :)

Back