• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been told I should get my buns pts!!

weedug

Mama Doe
Someone just told me they don't know why I bother with most of my buns, since most of them have health problems, and that I should have them pts and get healthy buns :shock::(.

I love special buns, and would love to have more, either of my own or fostering, but their argument was that there are so many unwanted buns, I shouldn't bother with ones with "problems".

I'm quite upset now :(

Pfft. Pity them for their ignorance.

Each bunny, sick or healthy, deserves a happy life. For them to suggest otherwise just indicates that they don't value rabbits as individuals.

Try not to worry too much (and yes, most of mine are special too, and they give me so much pleasure and they are so happy, I have no idea how that could be denied).

Someone just told me they don't know why I bother with most of my buns, since most of them have health problems, and that I should have them pts and get healthy buns :shock::(.

I love special buns, and would love to have more, either of my own or fostering, but their argument was that there are so many unwanted buns, I shouldn't bother with ones with "problems".

I'm quite upset now :(

Don't let it get to you we get it all the time :roll::( I just think it is their loss if they have no compassion and can't appreciate how wonderful special bunnies are:love:

I think I'm just shocked at their reaction, and upset as I feel my gorgeous buns have been rejected as "not good enough" :(.

Just ask if all unhealthy children should be looked over for the healthy ones who are up for adoption, see if they see your side then!

Just be grateful they are with you and not with someone who won't appreciate them for who they are.

Thanks guys :). I was shocked that my poor buns were seen as a disposable commodity and not as a living being.

I wouldn't be without any of them :love:

Think its the thing these days or is it a fulll moon or what I have refused to annwer the rescue phone today as I am just getting upset with some folk at the moment ....I am sick of needing to prove what we do here .

every bun no matter if ill or have problems should be able to live a happy life! - loved in a nice warm home with a lovely person taking care of them. im soo proud that there are loving people in this world that want to look after ill bunnys and have the time to take care of them! you are amazing for doing it! :D

the person saying this stuff to you is basically saying that if a person has health problems then why should you bother with them! :censored:

a friend at uni said the same to me when I was talking about Malteser. He mum has always said if pet treatment is going to be over £100 then the pet will be PTS and they will go to the RSPCA for a new one. My friend was saying how it would be cheaper etc etc. She didn't hurt my feelings cos I've put so much love and time into his recovery and since doing so he has started to lick me - every day he gets a little better and thanks me for it. No silly remark will make me think he shouldn't be here! He wanted to live, he has shown that to us by fighting and trying to do everything he always could. :love:

I think this attitude sends an awful message. I recently went to fundraising events for a lady with cancer - she wasn't supposed to see Christmas and the NHS have given up but her friends and family haven't! She is in Germany as we speak getting ground breaking treatment! No one would say "oh just let her go, the kids can get a new mummy" balls to that! if there is a fight to be fought and the person or animal wants to fight it then you do all you can to help that fight be a success not say "oh sorry, I find this a bit of a burden you being so sick. I don't wan the effort of spending time getting you better and it is cheaper to join a dating agency than it is to get you treated so I'm going to have you PTS".

ETA: I read this about 30 mins ago

"The ridicule of family and friends - hopefully this doesn't happen to you, but if it does, be assured that you are providing the best possible home for your pet. Solution: Tell them they don't know what they are missing by having a close connection with an animal that needs special assistance. If you are in doubt about whether or not you are doing the right thing and whether or not your pet is suffering, keep in mind some signs to look - pain in the rabbit can be exhibited in a number of ways, but some of the more common ones are: not eating, not willing to move (even the partially paralyzed bunnies will still try to move), sitting with eyes half closed all the time, hunched whenever it is sitting, extreme lethargy. Work with your veterinarian and have him or her tell you what is happening medically and then do carefully observations of your pet so you can see what is going on "spiritually"."

Last edited:
I always just say to someone that you can't put a price on love, give them a cold, hard stare then walk away and bask in the love of my furry family.

I can only agree with whats been said.....try not let it get to you....they matter to you and are lucky to be with you.....thats all that matters..hugs xxx

Hugs from me too. I can't really add to what's already been said, but agree it's their loss if people can't appreciate that special buns need and give love every bit as much as healthy ones. xxx

:wave: thanks, I do feel better about it now I have got over the shock that someone didn't love my buns as much as I do. I think I just took it to heart a bit with Floppy struggling a bit lately.

Back