• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suitable hay dispenser??

Mine works a treat :thumb: Pinched the idea off Helen (The Duchess) and I don't throw away nearly as much hay as I used to because they're not standing & wee-ing on it all the time :lol: My 5 foster buns get through 2.5 of these (tightly packed) every 24 hrs :wave:

I'm going to get two I think, or maybe three, and position them around the room. Think I said to you I was going to use a child's sandpit.. but I'm just going to get through way too much hay that way.

I've got one but I use it for carrier bags. :lol: It looks like a great idea though :D and there'd be much less wastage - I don't know about your bunnies, but mine would wee on any hay they sit on. :roll::lol:

I'm going to get two I think, or maybe three, and position them around the room. Think I said to you I was going to use a child's sandpit.. but I'm just going to get through way too much hay that way.

Agreed :) Something of a similar size but with high sides & filled with soil would be fun though ;):lol::lol::lol:

You mustn't get ALL pink ones though - Mickey needs to retain some of his masculinity :lol:

Last edited:
You can either use cable ties & attach them to say a mesh panel or similar or you can use the little screw holes (in the back) & mount them that way :wave:

Hmmm, we have no panels to attach them too, and we're renting so not allowed to screw things into the wall :?

Do you have anything moveable (that you own) that you could attach one to i.e. the side of a small cupboard?

Hmmm... could attach it to the wooden part of the degu cage door (used for storage) All the rest of the furniture the landlord owns since it's a student house. Will order one and see :)

These are only £1.49 in ikea and come in pink and white. I got one a few weeks ago for my carrier bags. Very good idea to use a hay dispenser I'll be getting some more for when I get my new buns :D

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60128661/

Fluffers suggested I try a carrier bag dispenser fixed onto the wall above their litter tray...

Do you think this one would be suitable? On it's side rather than upright, and fixed to the wall.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Ikea-...pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item3a6ac953a1

That's if they don't actually try to eat it :roll:

I've got one but I use it for carrier bags. :lol: It looks like a great idea though :D and there'd be much less wastage - I don't know about your bunnies, but mine would wee on any hay they sit on. :roll::lol:

That's exactly what the girls do, and recently I had been thinking that I'm wasting so much. Thinking about options for the three of them, I realised I'm going to go through even more if I'm not careful, so I'm going to try this idea and screw a couple of these into the wall.

Agreed :) Something of a similar size but with high sides & filled with soil would be fun though ;):lol::lol::lol:

You mustn't get ALL pink ones though - Mickey needs to retain some of his masculinity :lol:

I'm not going to buy pink ones if I can help it :lol: I've seen some white ones online!

And I'm thinking of a digging box, but it cannot be soil! Not really too sure what else it could be though... ? wood shavings is a no isn't it..

The ikea thingie you linked above comes with 2/3 little foam sticky back things that hold it up really well, both with bags in and hay in :thumb: Worth mentioning to anyone worried about holes in walls etc. They've been easy to remove most times, the only time it left a mark was when I took it off a cold shed wall. So if you don't want to leave a mark, warm it with a hairdryer just before you remove :wave:

New to rabbits (hoping to get one from a rescue soon - haven't got any atm)
Do you feed rabbits hay and bagged food, or just hay or just food lol x

New to rabbits (hoping to get one from a rescue soon - haven't got any atm)
Do you feed rabbits hay and bagged food, or just hay or just food lol x

Hello :wave:

As a general rule/guide you should aim for 80-90% hay and then a good quality pelleted food (not mix) + a small amount of veg if you wish. Foraged stuffs are also a great addition & can be fed in addition or instead of veg i.e. bramble, hawthorn, apple/pear sticks, dandelion etc.

There are lots of threads in the diet & digestion section which should help you :wave: Also take a look at housing for ideas re. accommodation :wave:

Honeybunnies re-home throughout the UK so please consider us when thinking about having a bun or two :wave:

Last edited:
Oooh I'll have to look into that, do you have a website?
Im in North Wales so currently looking at NCAR, but waiting for a reply on an email from yesterday - I do realise that they must be busy, but no harm in looking at who needs a new home from HoneyBunnies! x

Back