• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I get another one (or two)???

Jonny

Warren Scout
A lot has changed in the past few months in my world of buns. Ben, my buck, died in September, leaving his two girls. We then got this little man from Warwick RSPCA.

Fraiser is a fun-loving bun and still binkies around the garden. The bond, however, wasn't as successful as I had hoped. It was more a case of toleration than love. Anyway, since then Jess has died and Pippin has to come indoors and isn't well at the moment. She will probably be an indoor bun for the rest of her life, and we don't really have room for any more inside the house.

So this means that we need to think about getting a new girlfriend (or two) for Fraiser. The part that worries me is the prospect of an unsuccessful bond. Fraiser free-ranges in the back garden -so we don't really have any 'neutral' territory (although there are parts of the garden he rarely visits). I have heard some rescues do bonding, but I'm not sure that there are any near me who provide that.

I am just wondering, would it be much more difficult to bond him with two girls rather than one? I have heard tales of bonded females falling out when a new buck comes on the scene.

As ever, all advice welcome.

There's a sticky in the bonding part of the forum that talks about trios, so that might be worth a read :)

I would say maybe wait until the weather is warmer and then look for a friend because then you have the option to bond inside. Some rescues do bond, so you could ask around and see if anyone near you does, but most rescues would take the bunny/ies back if the bond doesn't work. We send ours out on a foster basis if they are going to bond with another rabbit, and we won't be the only ones.

You had Fraiser from us and I would be happy to bond them for you, I know we are quite a long way away but at least then you would know the bond is successful. Personally I think a trio is harder to bond.

Also just wanted to mention, a lot of rescues I've come into contact with (were in the process of looking for a single girl to bond with Sweep) will not re home to people who let their buns free range :thumb: just something to think about before you apply etc

You had Fraiser from us and I would be happy to bond them for you, I know we are quite a long way away but at least then you would know the bond is successful. Personally I think a trio is harder to bond.

Thanks Vicky. You're only about an hour or so away so that might work! There are a couple of lovely girls on the website, so I might give a call later on in the week.

Back