• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to convince OH to have indoor buns?

MichG

Mama Doe
I am dying for a pair of indoor buns. I have 10 outdoor buns (2 groups of 5 both with Sheds and large runs) and love them to bits, but I am really missing having indoor animals. Over the summer I bring a couple of them in during the evening to have a play and then put them back out again, but over winter I can't do this (obvious temp difference and also they get very muddy feetsies and OH goes mad with paw prints acorss the cream carpets :D) I am missing that companionship and interaction and would love to bring a pair inside and have them here with me. Only prob inconvincing OH who is very houseproud and worried about the mess, hay, poop etc (I don't worry about such things!)

Any ideas on how to convince him they are a good idea?

Why not ask him if you can have some in as a trial during the summer? That way they can go back out if he's really not enjoying it. You could try different pairs that way and see which are the most suitable as house bunnies.

Why not ask him if you can have some in as a trial during the summer? That way they can go back out if he's really not enjoying it. You could try different pairs that way and see which are the most suitable as house bunnies.

^^ yeah...except I wouldnt break up a group if they are all bonded and they were gong to stay indoors for a while....to just play of an evening is fine...but not to stay...youd have to bring in all 5....just ask OH I guess....goodluck!;):thumb:

^^ yeah...except I wouldnt break up a group if they are all bonded and they were gong to stay indoors for a while....to just play of an evening is fine...but not to stay...youd have to bring in all 5....just ask OH I guess....goodluck!;):thumb:

ah of course, I'd forgotten they were groups of 5 by the time I got round to posting :oops:

I'd love to know the answer to this one, but in my case I think it would be the buns or him, no chance of them living together :(

I'd love to know the answer to this one, but in my case I think it would be the buns or him, no chance of them living together :(

^^....only other suggestion would be for OH to move outside for the summer and buns indoors....:?:lol::lol::lol:

Would Louie convince him? :D

Halloween011.jpg

Would Louie convince him? :D

Halloween011.jpg

Ohhh possibly, but mainly because he looks a bit like my Snoopy
IMG_0442.jpg

Who has no incisors and therefore can't chew things!! (And is also extremely gorgeous!!) So therefore the perfect house bun :D

They are messy there is no getting away from it, if he can't handle hay everywhere and a few stray poops he will be driven insane :lol:

Agreed, house bunnies are very messy! I seem to spend most my life sweeping up hay or picking up stray poos- and they both get into the strangest of places :shock:

But... you get to interact with them all the time, you really get to know and see their behaviour (all the binkies, flops, sleeping, exploring, eating, grooming, playing, etc...) and for me there is no comparison :love:

Back