• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frangipan

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
007-9.jpg

I looookin for my new mummy ..is she coming to get me yet ...is she is she???????????

006-16.jpg

Hopefully next week sweetheart:love:

I have the whole week off both jobs (except for an hour Monday morning) so if one of the days is OK with Kirsty hopefully Frangipan can come to her new home. I can't wait to meet her. She won't have to live in a shower tray until I bond either as last week the wonderful Sam (Bluesmum) found and collected a huge crate for me free of charge from Freecycle.

Bonding is going to start straight away as I will have to live in freezing cold as the buns to be bonded are all outdoor buns. Fortunately, my house is old and not fully double glazed and pretty cold even with the heating on - without it it is just like outside.

Yes:):)

Frangipan is going to be Bumble's wife. He has already bonded himself with Dylan and Molly but they haven't totally accepted him and he needs a wife all of his own. I am going to try and bond them into a four - should work out well. Bumble is partially sighted - but VERY clever. I still have no idea how he managed to get into Dylan and Molly's half of the pen but have removed the barrier now as I caught him and Dylan sharing pellets yesterday and there is no longer any fighting.

Bumble has a huge hutch all to himself so Frangipan will share that and then during the day be with Dylan and Molly too. None of my hutches are big enough for four so I separate them at night. I know this isn't recommended but I've always done it - I had a bonded group of six once - and it's never caused any problems.

Can't wait to meet Frangipan. She looks adorable and I think she and Bumble will make a gorgeous couple.

What a lovely bun! Such curious little eyes and gentle expression. :)
Ah...someone is going to be a very lucky bunny mum. ;)

Bumble is getting Very Excited. He has been so lonely on his own - which is why he decided to take matters into his own paws and escape into Dylan and Molly's half of the run. He is desperate for a bunny to snuggle with - and Dylan and Molly tolerate him but won't groom or snuggle.

I promise lots of Frangipan photos when she settles in her new home. I can't wait to meet her.

Well Frangipan starts her long journey today. Kirsty is collecting her from BARC and will meet me at Tot Hill Services tomorrow afternoon.

Frangipan will have to go in a bedroom - on carpet - to start with so I was pleased when Angie said she is good with her litter tray. I will put lots of paper on top of the carpet - and it's an old one anyway.

My car has a slow puncture and I can't really afford to get it fixed until payday (Dylan has a new lump so I need to pay for another vet visit tomorrow) so I am borrowing a car as I wouldn't want to risk it on a long journey - it's OK pottering locally as I keeep inflating it. I have next week off work so won't be going far and then it's payday and I can get it mended.

I am at work all day today but will tell Bumble the good news when I get home. It's great that I will have Frangipan so early in the week as it will give me plenty of time to bond her before I have to go back to work.

I so hope she likes me.

Big thanks to Kirsty - and Angie for letting me adopt Frangipan.

How exciting! Hope she has a safe journey and settles in well. Looking forward to more pictures of this beautiful little one.

Back