• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should a female rabbit be spayed even tho she has had babies?

ANNASBUNNIES

Warren Scout
Should a female rabbit be spayed even tho she has had babies? (she will be getting her buck done soon)

Is there still a risk of getting cancer?

My friends bun has had babies 5 weeks ago now so how long would you wait to get her done?

Thanks in advance.

Anna xxx

Yes, there is no evidence that previous pregnancies protect against the development of Uterine Cancer.

:thumb:

If the babies lived when after they are weaned (at 8 weeks) then mum will need time for her milk to dry up and to recover physically, and then can then be spayed. She shouldn't be rebonded until 6-8 weeks atfer she has been spayed and 6-8 weeks after the boy has been neutered.

my girl was neutered afetr having a litter, there was the cancer possibility, it changes there personality and makes them calmer. they become cleaner and easier to litter train. can be bonded to neutered boys. etc etc
best thing i did for mine. that good im adopting another bunny and shes goin for spay as soon as i can x

Back