• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pregnancy. . .

I've been reading up about bun pregnancy as two of my girls are expecting and I've never experienced kits before... Is this information right? I'm a bit unsure on a few points about checking etc. I thought they were to be left alone unless its a total emergency :S I don't want to get it wrong, and really want to give the girls all the help, love, and support I can in the hope that the babies will survive.

http://www.rabbit.org/care/babies.html

If anyone has any pointers I'd be grateful.

I've been reading up about bun pregnancy as two of my girls are expecting and I've never experienced kits before... Is this information right? I'm a bit unsure on a few points about checking etc. I thought they were to be left alone unless its a total emergency :S I don't want to get it wrong, and really want to give the girls all the help, love, and support I can in the hope that the babies will survive.

http://www.rabbit.org/care/babies.html

If anyone has any pointers I'd be grateful.

Sorry.... no real advice but..
How come you have two of your does pregnant :shock:

ETA.. Ive just caught up with your other thread :( Hope it all works out for you..
SkyO is finding some info for you .

Last edited:
If you sit tight there is some info coming about this kind of thing :) I'll rush it as much as I can to get it to you so you can have a read :)

And remember what I said about having space once they need re-homed if all goes well with the pregnancies. At least then you'll know where they are and be able to visit.

Sorry.... no real advice but..
How come you have two of your does pregnant :shock:

Just to clarify for anyone that doesn't know the story from previous threads - they are rescues that came to me as emergencies with no real background/history other than they were going to be thrown to dogs if someone didn't take them. They were temp rescued for a few days by a person that clearly has no idea what she is doing as she kept the girls in with her whole Buck :shock:

I didn't allow them to get pregnant, I wouldn't have :(

@Sky-O - thank you! I'm just so nervous! *Paces the maternity ward like an expectant father*

@GingerNinja - I know and I'm grateful to you for that. Fingers crossed all goes ok :?

She is a superstar, she came all the way over to see me and reassure me that I was doing okay with my rabbits and to help me just check the sex as I had some doubts about my own ability. :love:

Back