• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please/good news update 52

meadowsweet

Mama Doe
Please can we have some get well vibes for Hollyhocks?
She went to be spayed this morning and her heart stopped while under the anaesthetic before they even started the operation.
She was put on oxygen for at least 30 minutes and they thought they had lost .
She is slowly getting better but the vets believe may have lost her sight and she's still not eating.
She is being syringe fed and on observation overnight at the vets.
Am so worried about her and feel so bad as she seemed so perfect and well when she went in this morning.
Vibes for a full recovery by morning would be fantastic.:(

Last edited:
That's awful, and such a shock. Sending millions of vibes that she improves massively overnight...

You did what any responsible, caring owner would do. Sadly, sometime we make the right choices and they go wrong, but you can only make the best choices you can with the knowledge you have at the time.

If I can do anything please don't hesitate to contact me. You know I'm just at the end of the phone.

You did what any responsible, caring owner would do. Sadly, sometime we make the right choices and they go wrong, but you can only make the best choices you can with the knowledge you have at the time.

If I can do anything please don't hesitate to contact me. You know I'm just at the end of the phone.

Thank you, you're a great friend.

What a horrible experience!! Poor little bunster, you must be besides yourself with worry. My buns and I send lots of vibes to Hollyhocks

I was very excited to learn I can text you for free :thumb: You're one of just a few :lol: I hope Mr meadowsweet has now passed out of the sofa. ;)

Sending loads of vibes.

Esme stopped breathing at the same time under GA, they hadn't even shaved her belly. Her recovery was much quicker though. Sending loads of vibes that Hollyhocks is creating as much mayhem as Esme does three years on.

Sending loads of vibes for Hollyhocks and a hug for you. xxx

Hope she recovers quickly and is back home again very soon.

no news yet, waiting to hear from the vets how Hollyhocks is now.
Here is a photo of her taken when she first arrived with us just before Christmas.

photo.jpg

Update

Thank you all for the vibes.
The news is that she is slowly improving but they still believe she can't see.
She has eaten a small amount but is obviously very stressed.
We would really like to have her home with us and she her in her home environment but the vets want to keep her under close observation and syringe feed her until this afternoon.
We have an appointment to discuss with the vet at 4.10 this afternoon.
We just want her home now, will go to see her shortly.:(
Has anyone else heard of a rabbit losing their sight after heart failure or a GA?

Back