• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes Please

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
I fort this year was gunna be a better year!!!.... but possibly not!

My little Justin Bun has been loosing alot of weight and we are now having some blood tests as he is Still loosing weight infact last week he was 1.84 and he has been having loads of extra food n hay and today he was 1.82 :( not looking good. So feeling s**t now!

It wasnt my vet it was a differnt one and all he kept saying was "he is 5 you know... this is a good age!!" So i said what you trying to say? He said well put him to sleep.. it is going to be alot of test before we might find something! I said is he in pain...? No he says ... so why wouldnt I have the tests? I am willing to try everything?

What would you all do? i want to wait until i can at least get the results tomorrow, and see MY vet.

I am so upset! :cry:

Here is a picture from 2 weeks of him:
396922_10151086613890254_533995253_22406073_1488564555_n.jpg

381586_10151086615530254_533995253_22406089_1272110097_n.jpg

377950_10151090511710254_533995253_22432615_1127405960_n.jpg

I hope you can find out what's wrong and help make him comfortable. I also think it would be ideal, if possible, to see a vet who knows more about bunnies and values their lives.

Until then, focus on making each day amazing, better than the day before :)

I hope you can find out what's wrong and help make him comfortable. I also think it would be ideal, if possible, to see a vet who knows more about bunnies and values their lives.

Until then, focus on making each day amazing, better than the day before :)

Exactly this. I once had a vet advise me twice to put my rabbit to sleep. I said no twice and saw a different vet. That was in 2009. Grim is a very happy bunny . My (new) vet is very happy with him and although he's on medicine for life I think it's worth it. Never be afraid to ask for a second opinion.

Agree with the above posts. Definitely wait until you see your regular vet (and who doesn't think that 5 is old for a rabbit :shock:).:shock::shock: If it were my rabbit, I'd have tests done - especially if he's not in any pain. Sending loads of (((vibes))) for your baby. Hope he picks up soon.

I'd ask for lapizole to treat for possible EC. But also see a more rabbit-savvy vet. Sending vibes...

ETA Is he eating as much food and the same kind of food? May be dental issues....

Hope you can find a good vet and find the cause of his weight loss. Sending lots of vibes for beautiful Justin xx

Justin is beautiful. :love:

I would definitely go ahead with tests to try and find the cause of the weight loss.

Sending loads of vibes and hope you find out what's wrong with him. xx

Thank you everyone for your kind messages..

As someone asked Justin is still eating the same food but i have put him on 4 meals aday plus extra hay. He does have dental problems but he has his front teeth done every 4 - 6 weeks we will have them out, but once he has put on weight.

My vet called me when i was at work on my home phone so i have called back he will call me back when he isnt consulting. It is ,my normal, lovely bunny vet thats will try everything... PLEASE can everyone keep there fingers crossed for him... I HOPE it is something we can treat :cry:

Everything crossed here. I hope that something can be found to help him.

I think that you are right to get tests done.

lotsa vibes for Justin...he is gorgeous....do hope the tests come back with something easy to treat xxx

Well... not great news for little Justin. :(
The bloods came back to say that his liver (ALT?) is increased, this could be evidence of a tumour somewhere with in him. He also has high calcium, and also a problem with his Thyroids?
I have booked him in for a xray next Monday that will hopefully show NO tumour.. I hope we can help him. For now i will feed him what ever he wants lol.

Has anyone else had bunnies like this? Or with this problem?

Back