• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit vet in Leeds/Bradford recommendation please.

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
I live near J26 of M62, I currently use a local vet who have been fabulous with my cats but the rabbit skills I feel are lacking depending on who is on duty and the vet I like has relocated back to Scotland.

We lost 2 bunnies last year, one was inevitable, but our boy I felt after we lost him maybe didnt get all he could have done.

I understand theres a great vet in Harrogate but feel its a bit far to travel in an emergency.

I am sort of in easy reach of Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Halifax.

When I took my boy bunny the vet was insistant she could syringe feed and obviously I couldnt!! so when she failed and he struggled and flipped over she practically flipped too! She had no idea how to lift him, he was 4.5kilos so needed a good hold. The next day when we took him again it was a different vet she seemed out of her depth, we lost him that day on the advice of that vet.

I understand that Abbey House have a rabbit savvy vet at Kippax but I dont know anyone who has seen her.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you

The Morley abbey house surgery I've been to seem very knowledgeable but also incredibly pricey

My rabbits don't have health problems so I can't tell you how knowledgeable I've found particular practices to be but I've used Brighouse vets and Vets 4 Pets Wakefield (there's also one in Leeds) for neuters/spays both are quite cheap and seem good :)

Croft house at soothill, batley are very good. Trudie, the rabbit savvy vet from abbey house, does shifts there. She operated on our hamster with great success, as well as seeing our rabbits and guineas. Roseanne who works there is very rabbit savvy too. Reception can tell you what days they work. I'm pretty sure trudie works thursdays.

I live near J26 of M62, I currently use a local vet who have been fabulous with my cats but the rabbit skills I feel are lacking depending on who is on duty and the vet I like has relocated back to Scotland.

We lost 2 bunnies last year, one was inevitable, but our boy I felt after we lost him maybe didnt get all he could have done.

I understand theres a great vet in Harrogate but feel its a bit far to travel in an emergency.

I am sort of in easy reach of Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Halifax.

When I took my boy bunny the vet was insistant she could syringe feed and obviously I couldnt!! so when she failed and he struggled and flipped over she practically flipped too! She had no idea how to lift him, he was 4.5kilos so needed a good hold. The next day when we took him again it was a different vet she seemed out of her depth, we lost him that day on the advice of that vet.

I understand that Abbey House have a rabbit savvy vet at Kippax but I dont know anyone who has seen her.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you

The rabbit savvy vet in Kippax is Trudi Pardoe... I can honestly say she takes some beating... She is absolutley excellent!

I also live near J26. I use Northcote vets, 358 Otley Rd, Bradford BD2 4QR. 01274 632222. Directly opposite the little Tesco store near the junction with Killinghall Rd.

David hasn't let me down with rabbits, cats and guinea pigs - and I've given him some challenges over recent years. He is very patient. Friends also use him for their dogs. Prices are around average judging by other posts on here. The locums are all rabbit savvy as well.

That it Trudie I couldnt remember her name.

Ive used Abbey at Cleckheaton and Morley for years for the cats but as I posted earlier the treatment i received for Tommy at Morley over a weekend wasnt great. Yes they are pricey but I felt after a traumatic cat experience elsewhere a number of years ago, they offered me great advice over the phone and after that I went to them, except for cat boosters, they are way more expensive than anywhere else.

I used Vets for Pets at Wakefield for my new two neutering through the rescue, I did like them, my mum was so impressed shes moved her cats and dog to them.

Great to hear Trudie works from Soothill will look into that.

Also Killinghall Road, I know the road so I am sure I can find the vets online.

Many thanks everyone, as a virgo I like to be prepared incase of emergencies.:lol:

Croft house at soothill, batley are very good. Trudie, the rabbit savvy vet from abbey house, does shifts there. She operated on our hamster with great success, as well as seeing our rabbits and guineas. Roseanne who works there is very rabbit savvy too. Reception can tell you what days they work. I'm pretty sure trudie works thursdays.

Ooh I've never been but hoping to get a work exp placement there!

Back