• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the cage

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
not quite fini but getting there here are some pics
375687_10150351333131914_508081913_8308286_1712728831_n-1.jpg
385480_10150351333836914_508081913_8308289_401461751_n-1.jpg
403033_10150481589401914_508081913_8823823_910913118_n.jpg
380056_10150481588891914_508081913_8823822_1647649603_n.jpg

The base is a little to big but be easier to clean should I paint the wood lol I want to use wood for the level bit as wel just got to work out how x

looks lovely :love: just a word of cauton over the corn treats, bunnies cannot digest them so they could get stuck and cause gastro problems :wave:

Already been messaged bout the treats lol I reli didnt no and no they r out all day Shakira goes bed in it 9 til 7 and Pablo in old cage as they very noisy together at night they are day bf and gf and are very happy buns x

Already been messaged bout the treats lol I reli didnt no and no they r out all day Shakira goes bed in it 9 til 7 and Pablo in old cage as they very noisy together at night they are day bf and gf and are very happy buns x

as in your seperating a bonded pair?:?
sorry if im confused?

Shakira, welldone on sorting out their base :).

With regards to keeping separate I am actually familiar with this. When I just had Lola and we got Max, I didn't know about RU, I didn't know about the bonding process, but I knew to neuter my bunnies. My bunnies were kept separately but for play time, they never chased, never fought, snuggled up and groomed. We separated on an evening because quite simply at the time the nighttime base back then wasn't big enough for two bunnies imo. After finding RU I found out about bonding properly and because of Lola and Max's regular outings together it was a breeze, no fights, no nothing, and never in their bonded life were there any issues; the most loved up bunny couple I'd ever and have ever encountered. So for me Lola and Max were bonded in this method.

Mimah and Brian the standard bonding procedure.
Lenny and Betty the standard bonding procedure.

Mimah and Roger was a long bond, we tried standard it didn't work, we had two large enclosures pen and cage next to each other whilst bonding. We used a method by which they had to get used to each other because the standard lead to nipping and a little fur pulling as well as head humping from Jemimah. We made it so their playout time was together and their bed time was apart, this way they had to tolerate each other and get used to each other, the space didn't make a difference, a smaller enclosed space for them made things more difficult during bonding, an open room worked. They soon learnt that 'play out' time was always going to be with the other and now they're inseparable almost 1 year and a half on, no humping from either party.

I think you have to be open minded, just because something isn't done to standard procedure doesn't mean it's wrong, it I'd have gone standard with Mimes and Roger I'm not sure they would be 'happy' and just bonding for the sake of it, I know they're not doing that using the method I used.

Lenny and Betty live with my MiL, they are temperamental buns who have the occassional tiff, Lenny is toothless and always the angry of the two, I tried to make it a long bond but location, time allowance with university for me and Mil needing a quick bond made things difficult, they generally are happy with each other.

My standard procedure bond for Mimah and Brian was a dream, it went brilliantly and they adored each other. What works for some bunnies won't work for all.

:wave:

Thank u for ur MSG jaysmonkey it is a great arrangement I have with them both they don't forget each other and they know they re going to be together most of the day and love it they get excited to see each other but as I said at night they are terrors and it's not fair on my Shakira to be humped all time ESP on the head! And in the day he rarely does it they snuggle kiss the lot x

Thank u for ur MSG jaysmonkey it is a great arrangement I have with them both they don't forget each other and they know they re going to be together most of the day and love it they get excited to see each other but as I said at night they are terrors and it's not fair on my Shakira to be humped all time ESP on the head! And in the day he rarely does it they snuggle kiss the lot x

thats what had to do at times when i had rosie and mowgli and it worked, it was either that or worry to death that rosie would kill him durng her mad spring fever moments, esp when he got old and poorly

For people to know the facts and keep private messaging metheg are out all day together locked away at night they have more room
Than they do in a outdoor cage they r spoilt rotten
And are treated well look at that small cage on the housing one where the lady keeps it in a house built for a hammy they are seperated at night they will be together when I have time to so in the same cage I am glad I am not the only one who seperates at nite thank u and goodnite

About playtime/bonding/seperating - It's not standard procedure but a lot of people do it, so I hope people aren't telling you off about it...

In regards to the cage, it's no smaller than a lot of people have and you've said they have free range all/most of the day, so again I hope people aren't telling you off about it!

Oh i have never heard of this before.
i take it they have their cages next to eachother so they can see eachother??

My 4 couldnt cope with being seperated but they have a very strong bond however.

im sorry however for any horrid PM's please report them, it is a form of bullying and shouldnt be allowed :(

Back