• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just Rushed Charlotte To Vets :(

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Not eating, shifting uncomfortably, grinding teeth, no poos :( She didntrecover within an hour with the usual hot water bottle, warm water and tummy massages ajd didnt look good atall so I rushed her in.

Vet could feel no blockage (MASSIVE relief) but her gut was sluggish and she has some gas :( Temperature normal. He gave her Metacloperamide to help things get moving again.

During his examination he also noticed that her top teeth are growing inwards ever so slightly. He doesnt think its the problem this time round but said she will probably need dentals in the future :( Im gutted to hear that to be honest, although atleast now we know.

She seems abit more comfortable since we've been home and isnt sitting uncomfortably anymore. She hast eaten yet but Im keeping my fingers crossed she will after shes finished grooming herself maticulously!

Oh and she was an absolute nightmare at the vet. Took me, the vet, his wife and my OH to hold her still :shock: I love my little madam :love:

Can we have pooing and eating vibes please? X

Oh poor Charlotte. :( hope whatever it is shifts soon and she feels better.

SHES EATING!! She took 2 pellets off me and is now in her litter tray eating hay :D

She looks more like Charlotte now aswell, ears up, eyes open and bright :)

I am worried about why this has happened to 3 of my bunnies in the last 2 weeks though :? Their hay and food are normal, the only fresh stuff theyve been having are herbs and only in small amounts. The only thing is that all 3 of them are moulting, can they get gas because of that?

SHES EATING!! She took 2 pellets off me and is now in her litter tray eating hay :D

She looks more like Charlotte now aswell, ears up, eyes open and bright :)

I am worried about why this has happened to 3 of my bunnies in the last 2 weeks though :? Their hay and food are normal, the only fresh stuff theyve been having are herbs and only in small amounts. The only thing is that all 3 of them are moulting, can they get gas because of that?

Yay! It couldn't be something spooking them could it? Like high winds or something?

Poor girl :cry:

Did the Vet give her some pain relief too ?

I hope she will feel much better soon xx

No he didnt, my vet is quite reluctant to give pain relief. Fortunately she doesnt seem to be in pain now her guts are moving again :) Do you think it could be the moult causing this Jane??

Yay! It couldn't be something spooking them could it? Like high winds or something?

Not that I can think of. Its extremely cold here at the moment but I try to keep inside at a fairpy constant temperature. It is also extremely sunny, but they love the sun. I really am baffled :?

I've wondered about heavy moulting being linked to stasis, there were a few threads on it a few months ago. I believe it may be, but that is just my own, completely unqualified opinion ;)

Great that Charlotte is recovering well though!:D

Glad to hear she's on the mend :)

Would also be interested to hear about links between moulting and gut upsets, as Beatrix was moulting last month.

Hi everyone and thanks again for the vibes, they seem to have worked :) She seems normal tonight, eating loads of hay and being a nosey little madam :love: Lets hope it continues.

I'll be keeping a very close eye on her now I know she has wonky teeth xxx

Glad she's back to normal and hope the teeth don't cause any problems any time soon (or at all, ideally!)

Yay! Keep nomming, Charlotte!

I'd be concerned about your vet not giving pain relief though..worth exploring other vets if you haven't done so? :?

Back