• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ewwww!

lucy24

Mama Doe
i pulled a large bit of hay from honeys nostril! about 1inch and a hallf long - poor thing! i wonder if this has been causing her sneezing/snuffly problem?:roll: had loads of lovely snot on it!:lol:

Or maybe the snot made it get stuck?

Glad you got it out though, and with the snot I'm sure she'll be feeling better.

Could be! I once pulled a huge piece of hay out of my bridge bun Billy's nose. He was a lot less snotty after that! Hope she feels a lot more comfortable now xx

A foreign object can cause infection and the sneesing and suchlike. I'd suggest a vet visit to get antibiotics (if she isn't already on any) to ensure that this doesn't cause bigger problems and to hopefully eradicate the issues she is having :)

It might be gross but is is satisfying to do :D I once pulled a piece of hay about a similar length out of a bunnies nose. :D

that sounds yucky!! :shock:

um maybe a stupid question, but should i be checking my buns nose? she doesn't sneeze or sniff and seems to just smell alot with her tiny nose wiggling :lol:

that sounds yucky!! :shock:

um maybe a stupid question, but should i be checking my buns nose? she doesn't sneeze or sniff and seems to just smell alot with her tiny nose wiggling :lol:

i think your safe noy checking. i only checked as she was having a sneezing fit.

im waiting for a call from my vet this evening as i want to be on the safe side. im still waiting to get her VHD done!:roll:

and yes i did quite enjoy pulling it out:lol:

my cat was coughing and snuffly, so took her to the vets.Upon looking under a GA, they found a long piece of grass down her throat and up into her nose.Ive got it in a specimen tube.They did a dental too..got her teeth!!

Back