• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns like the cold?

helen01

Warren Veteran
I have been worrying about Poppy out in her shed in the cold weather for ages (well since the day we got her) but she really seems to love it, she is so happy in frost (just been out again to put her to bed and she is bouncing around her run looking very pleased with herself:lol::lol:).

Am I the only one with a bunny happy to be cold?

I think mine might too.....they sit there all puffed up and feel cold and thier ears are cold...but when I rub my hand into their fur they feel warm underneath.....they must enjoy it Guess!:roll::love: I always tell them to keep warm in their snugglesafe hay beds...but not sure they take much heed!:?:love:

Oscar loves it in the morning when he's hoping about but gets really grumpy when he starts getting tired (more than usual anyway) he is enjoying his snuggle safe however and has been grooming it :thumb:

I was going to get her a snugglesafe last week and then we got the first proper frost last night and she loved it:roll: I'm not sure if there's any point in getting her one now as she seems fine (does that make me mean??)

She hates the rain though....really doesnt like the damp weather:)

I guess just like us some like it and actually prefer it to the warmer weather.

I just can't imagine any of ours outside.

Squirrel and Buttercup are as I type snuggled up together next to the radiator in our bedroom. Tatty and Tally are close to the radiator in our daughter's bedroom. Duck and Parsnip were sharing a pillow in their cage in the living room, Bear and Willow are on their separate fleece blankies and Thumper is spread out amongst his hay.

I always leave the lights on when we are out too as I can't imagine them sat in the dark.

I could never cope with them being outside although I know that's my preference and not theirs!

I don't know if mine enjoy it, but they certainly don't seem to mind. Every time I go outside they are sat out in the run instead of in their nice warm shed!

Mine all hate it, especially if it is raining too. Just aswell they are all House Rabbits !!

They like their comforts too much I think :lol:

Fidget has always been an indoor rabbit and when the heating on she seems to enjoy it. As soon as the room warms up she'll find somewhere to sprawl out and nap :lol:. My o/h always comments on how she's less naughty when we have the heating on :lol:.

Back