• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I made my own snugglesafes (Pictures post 13)

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I went to Pets at Home to buy chinchilla food. It's right next to B&Q. I looked at snugglesafes and they were £21.99. I didn't buy one. On my way back past B&Q I saw a big tub of broken paving slabs and stones, free to anyone. I found two bits of broken paving slab, about bunny sized and lugged them home. Didn't think they were that heavy at first but I felt if after a few streets!

I put them in the oven for about 20 minutes I guess. My friend was making cup cakes in my oven so not sure how hot it was or exactly how long. I left them in there while the oven cooled down. Then I wrapped each one in a fleece and put them in the back of the sleeping area. I need to do a test to see exactly how long they stay warm for but they were still piping hot after an hour or two when I went to bed. The fleeces were from poundland so the two 'snugglesafes' cost me £2. :mrgreen:

be interesting to know how long the slabs stay warm...the price of snugglesafes.....bloody incredible!!:shock:

I managed to loose mine. Not sure how. I bought it in a sale from Vet UK I think and it only cost me about £12. I think I have a full day off on Thursday so I can do a proper test of how long they stay warm. And get some pictures too. But if you want to copy me please bring a trolley or a car, walking for a mile with paving slabs is not good for you! :lol:

got our snugglesafe a while ago now when rosie was ill only paid £12 PAH but had notced they where £21 when last checked :shock:

Ooo I would be interested in how long th stay warn for too. I used to have storage heaters and after 12hours of heating they stayed hot for 12hours so prob warm for longer.

Vetuk still have them for 12.97 not sure how much it is for free delivery though.

Just checked, £19 for free del.

Some pictures.

They have had poos on them so have been sat on. :)

DSC01780.jpg

They are the spotty fleecey things at the back. :)

Back