• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foxes are creepy.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
They make such odd sounds.
I'm glad I brought the rabbits in while I was in Manchester. On my last night I was reading in bed with the bunnies beside me in the bedroom, just listening to the foxes outside. There were at least two calling to each other, barking, screaming and moving around. The bunnies didn't seem phased at all but I felt so odd, like I should be worried about them but they were right there next to me. I'm so used to them being outside.

ive never heard them but know they arent far away, with being near your parents and also they ahev been seen outsde mums works at night

I don't think I've ever heard a fox. What do they sound like? I bet the screaming isn't very nice :(

I can't really describe it. It's guttural, grunting sounds. A bit like dogs but more a howl crossed with a bark. The two that were talking to each other were making three short noises each and moving around, the sounds kept on changing direction. The scream was horrible but not as bad as some I've heard on youtube. In fact the only reason I knew they were foxes at all is because I listened to some sounds on youtube a while ago.

I've only heard foxes once, it was last year and I had my sister over for dinner when we heard this noise outside, actually I ignored it at first as I thought it was cats arguing but when it didn't stop I looked outside and there was an adult fox and a cub, the cub was running about, playing with the adult fox and rolling about all over the ground. It was really sweet :love:

But yeah, the noise they make is pretty awful. I always thought Fennec foxes looked adorable until I saw a video of some domestic ones on youtube and heard the noise they make :shock:

Our fox makes so many noises it is incredible. She yaps, squeeks, grumbles.... most of the noises she makes are NOT canine. Sometimes she sounds like a bird.
I have not (yet) heard her scream, but I am sure she will.

I don't find them "creepy", but they are a force to be reconned with.

In our previous house we regularly got foxes and their cubs running up and down the road.

Last weekend we were walking back from the shops when my daughter said there was a cat further up the road. As we approached we realised it was a very scrawny fox that wasn't at all scared of us and it just strolled across the road in front of us.

One of the sounds they make sounds just like a woman screaming :shock: When I heard it outside I thought it was coming from the tv. It was an excited scream, it made me picture a woman jumping up and down screaming because she won the lottery :lol:

I love foxes though :love: They're so cute.

I do still love foxes, I just find it hard with rabbits!
I still remember when I was at my parents' friend's house when I was really young and a vixen brought three cubs into their garden. I've seen them all over where my parents live, just walking across the road when I walked home from school in the twilight. And jumping out of Lopsie's hutch when he used to free range and me screaming at it! (Lopsie had four tiny scratches on his back from the fox but was otherwise unharmed, he was very, very scared and took hours to calm down. Poor bun. :() But this is the first time I've ever heard them.

I can't really describe it. It's guttural, grunting sounds. A bit like dogs but more a howl crossed with a bark. The two that were talking to each other were making three short noises each and moving around, the sounds kept on changing direction. The scream was horrible but not as bad as some I've heard on youtube. In fact the only reason I knew they were foxes at all is because I listened to some sounds on youtube a while ago.

I've just listen to some on Youtube. They're quite eerie!

I remember being at my flat at Uni in London. I was outside in the back garden in the dark, turned round, and there was a fox just stood next to me :shock: It scared the life out of me! I ran inside and shut the door and spent ages staring through the door trying to work out if it was still there or not :lol: The thing is it had been a lovely warm evening and we'd had the door open all night, it could have easily popped in to say hello before then! We didn't have pets there though so that wouldn't have been a problem. I just don't like them very much!

Back