• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur

Then you dose for more than 9 days.

People routinely dose for 28 days and even longer. So it just means you're dosing for longer tha 9 days.

Then you dose for more than 9 days.

People routinely dose for 28 days and even longer. So it just means you're dosing for longer tha 9 days.

Sorry....

I just meant like effects, do people recommend doing it for longer? Does the 9 day course not treat the worms/ec properly.

Some people suggest doing it for 28 days for suspected EC. I personally wouldn't.

I've used 9 day courses for intestinal worms like pinworms and it's been effective :)

Some people suggest doing it for 28 days for suspected EC. I personally wouldn't.

I've used 9 day courses for intestinal worms like pinworms and it's been effective :)

Ok, well Elliots definitely not got suspected EC just thought he may have worms, thanks! :)

We dose for 28 days every 6 months or so. Pain in the bum with 9 bunnies but it was recommended to us by our rabbit savvy vet. We use the 10% liquid which I understand to be a higher dose than normal - this is all under the guidance of our vet. We decided to use it as a precaution against EC after one of our buns had a terrible experience with it two years ago. Fortunately she made a full recovery.

There are differing ideas about EC and the use of panacur - I'm sure many others would have a strong counter argument to what I have said here.

I understand a 9 day dose is recommended for worming.

Back