• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my OH surprised me massivley today: introducing.....

shell1805

Mama Doe
Riley and George :D :love:

010-35.jpg

i had rats years ago but the OH always said no more as i get too attached :oops: but today he woke me up to say he was going out. i drifted back to sleep and woke up to him clambering in (i was less than impressed and told him so :oops: feel bad now :lol:) and he then said i was to stay there and he would get me brekkie. he then called me to the kitchen and there they were all set up in their lovely cage :love:

riley is the mismarked caped (and the brave explorer of the pair) and george is the black roan (he is the spitting image of my first rat percy and a complete foody monster :love:)

here are a few more pics before he convinced me to leave them to settle :lol:

011-35.jpg

008-37.jpg

007-37.jpg

004-48.jpg

003-48.jpg

001-54.jpg

aren't they gorgeous :love:

xxx

i really cant believe it :D he spoilt me so much over crimbo and then to do this :love: im feeling very lucky right now xxx

they are both such cute charecters. very nervous at the moment but will let me stroke them which is a good sign :)

xxx

Awwwwww!!! I had a feeling this might be what I was going to see! ;) :D That's great, they are lovely and love their names! :love: xx

Awwwwww!!! I had a feeling this might be what I was going to see! ;) :D That's great, they are lovely and love their names! :love: xx

:D eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :lol:

im going to be asking a LOT of quetions as it has been a while since ive had them :)

xxx

What a wonderful surprise! I've never owned a rat but have always wanted some, yours are beautiful I like the piccies - so cute.x

did you used to have rats?? boys or girls?? :wave:

xxx

I had girls for about 6 years, but they so often get mammary tumours that I then started having boys instead. I had 15 over about 12 years (kept as pairs or 3's). The last one totally broke my heart, Colin, he was such a sweetie and he died in my arms. I didn't want anymore after him so we got bunnies instead.

This is Col, about a month before he died, he was 2 years 7 months so quite the elderat

NRG_1010.jpg
[/IMG]

I had girls for about 6 years, but they so often get mammary tumours that I then started having boys instead. I had 15 over about 12 years (kept as pairs or 3's). The last one totally broke my heart, Colin, he was such a sweetie and he died in my arms. I didn't want anymore after him so we got bunnies instead.

This is Col, about a month before he died, he was 2 years 7 months so quite the elderat

NRG_1010.jpg
[/IMG]

i know how heart breaking it is to loose them and colin was gorgeous.

ive only ever kept boys, got bitten my a girl once and so i got a bit put out :lol:

losing percy broke my heart and george is the spitting image... hubby didnt know if it was the right thing to get another that looks so similar but im glad he did. makes me feel like he's still here a bit (silly i know :oops:)

xxx

NRG_1010.jpg
[/IMG]

This is exactly what happened to me. I kept getting them and kept loosing them to tumours. It broke my heart so much after the fourth one I said no more operations and no more rats :cry:

Shell they are GORGEOUS!!!!!! You are one very lucky girl!!!!!! :D:wave::love::thumb:

Shell they are GORGEOUS!!!!!! You are one very lucky girl!!!!!! :D:wave::love::thumb:

think im gonna need to owe the hubby big for this one ;) :love:

xxx

I spent a fortune on my girls having tumours removed, as soon as you remove one they get another. It gets so expensive. Pixie, the very first rat I had cost me £400 in tumour ops, she was worth it though, she was soooo cheeky. She thought her cagemate was her pet and she used to colour sort her food into piles.

Col was the best rat I ever had though, he was absolute love and we still miss him. We always think of him on a Sunday as he always used to get some Yorkshire pudding, we call them "Colins" because they were his favourite thing.

I spent a fortune on my girls having tumours removed, as soon as you remove one they get another. It gets so expensive. Pixie, the very first rat I had cost me £400 in tumour ops, she was worth it though, she was soooo cheeky. She thought her cagemate was her pet and she used to colour sort her food into piles.

Col was the best rat I ever had though, he was absolute love and we still miss him. We always think of him on a Sunday as he always used to get some Yorkshire pudding, we call them "Colins" because they were his favourite thing.

whenever i eat a rasberry yogurt i think of percy as he used to love them and would scoop it up with his front feet and eat. whereas the other lads would go in head first :lol:

what a lovely thing to do,bless him :thumb::thumb::thumb:

:) very very happy right now :)

Back