• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on bertie after his op friday afternoon

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:wave: i have been terrified for him.....yes hes a bit more snuffly and such from the op and overnight stay and taxi rides...BUT hes eating...hes drinking.....hes washing...hes lolloping over to nikki to get attention and seeing if shes got anything tasty to eat....esp dried banana chips!!

hes done some poos..not heaps and not big buthes able to do them....earlier when i went down hes done a small softy poo with hard poos in it....i was expecting the usual pancakes of soft poos..well so far so good.

For those who i didnt tell....i posted in health section when it happened..now im posting here;)

bertie is a pasturela bunw ith seizures over a yeart now...arthritis and being a rew his eyesights not wonderful but he does ok. hes a housebun free range in lounge..he cant usually make it to the kitchen..
Hes over 7 years old now bless him and has his bossy stroppy wifey bluebell.

When willow our massive frenchie doe aged just before her 2nd birthday died suddenly and horribly in front of us all in the lounge..he becaem teribly ill too, he had a high fever and off his food etc..it really was a case of if we hadnt nursed him every hour and he hadnt been admitted for a fluids once and given subcut fluids at vets..he wouldnt be here.
The vet never knew what it was..never orderedbloodwork or swabs...and had no idea what the sore lump was proruding from his bottom hole. Over time it got bigger and became sore and swollen..and had loads of specal gel for it.

eventually when i went to the DOWNLAND VETERINARY GROUP in emsowrth..i was told right away..oh thats an anal papilloma same as what causes warts etc... sometimes also called anal polyp. how long for a diganosis..takes moving vets to get it!:evil:

once hed developed the pasturella though and was on so many courses of antx...they thought a GA to remove it had to be defferred maybe forver.
Back to vet practice even nearer to me..i get told the same plus they grow back.

Rushed into the hopsital where he saw a senior partner vet who had to treat his breathing probs..he said it was so quick an op..bit of gas..lift n snip as its on a stalk if you like...yes do grow back but best removed.

it got so sore he was having problems eating his cecals cleaning the area due to his health probs and this agonising thing. I accindentally pulled it right out when removing a ball of hard cecal...and it didnt go back in...vet said to leave it...but the older vet said if he got stable then it oculd be done.

friday i had no choice...all thursday night id been trying to get a rock hard bal of cecal matter off his bottom hole but the polyp was attached and entire area raw. I rang the vet who told me to get him down and hed operate that afternoon.

so off bertie and blebell went and i felt so sick...hed die under the gas or have breathing probs and peg it in recovery..or after..

someones watching over him because he survived..hes getting better and hopefully less painful. its now sunday...im going to check the area later if hell let me!! just need to watch for swelling/infection. Um did you not see the swelling bewfore hand!!:shock:

vibes please for a less sore bottom for him and easier pooping now:thumb:

Poor little guy, that sounds awful :( I hope the op was a success and he's a lot more comfortable now. Sending lots of vibes for a complete recovery xx

thank you all so much xx

bertie seems to be moving a bit easier despite the arthritis so im wondering if the lump was affecting his walking too?!!

ive left him to deep snoozle downstairs with ms grumpy..ive had no sleep...bluebell!! ive finally had my shower and relieved to see berties still eating..weeing pooping..lolloping and investigatings....

hes also been cheeky and making me chase him for his meds!! i love hes still got his bertie spark:love::love::thumb:

karen im posting you dylan!:lol::lol::lol: hes such a little toe rag.....:lol:

thank you all so much....i dont know how long his botty will take to heal...but i hope he gets it healed and less painful asap.

Back