• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Souffle and Smudge

kat031181

Alpha Buck
DAY ONE
Been to BARCS today and collected Souffle after an 90 min date we made a move home and they travelled home happily in the carrier together. Since being home they have had a few chases no nipping just trying to mount each other, both eating and drinking well and are sitting close to each, poor Smudgy is tired tho and could do with a nap but is keeping one eye open :love:

SAM_0143-1.jpg

SAM_0141.jpg

Last edited:
sending you the vibes, we will be doing this soon are self with dash & twinkie :)

i hope dash is as good as mudge

:love: Glad it is still going well Katie (update on FB this am). Those pictures they look pretty chilled. Can't wait to come and see them.

Will do so far so good still chasing and humping but is getting less i think if it goes on too long i interefer but trying to let them sort it out

At the moment

Souffle (F) wont accept any humping but desperatly wants too be licked and she has groomed Smudge quite a lot tho

Smudge (M) will let her hump and lick him and is trying still trying to hump her but she wont have it

Is there a rule on how long i should let a chase go on for before i stop it ?

SAM_0154.jpg

394013_10150581772636007_564101006_11315441_1491340182_n1.jpg

Last edited:
well night 2 gave me less sleep the naughtys had a fur pullings scrap at 5 last night and 2am this morning nobodys hurt just fur pulled and they have been ok since. i think the trigger is that she pushes for him to groom and then when he does he gets over excited and either licks her eye or starts bopping around her and the she nips at him! havent had to seperate them at all apart from for a couple of minutes to check each one over but i did put them in the carrier together for time out because i was so tired needed a minute to get myself together

Am i doing the right thing or would u do something differently

You're doing fine :) They are gettng used to each other and now working hard and sorting out their heirarchy. Hopefully it will settle in due course :) Sounds like Souffle is more determined to be boss at the mo.

Thank you for replying so quickly i just dont seem to b able to phrase my post to get many replys! Think im just so tired u doubt urself they are licking more this morning x

You're welcome. :)

The forums are pretty slow at this time of day, and also, I've noticed that anything that appears to be a bonding diary of any sort seems to get few replies, so don't worry, it's not you, it's just the way the forum works. I'll try to keep an eye on your thread but if I miss anything and you need a response just drop me another PM and I'll check it out when I can :)

You're welcome. :)

The forums are pretty slow at this time of day, and also, I've noticed that anything that appears to be a bonding diary of any sort seems to get few replies, so don't worry, it's not you, it's just the way the forum works. I'll try to keep an eye on your thread but if I miss anything and you need a response just drop me another PM and I'll check it out when I can :)

Awww thats a lovely offer and Sky O is definately the person to ask. Im on and off all day but you can always pm me or text if Im not online

Thank you think after about 3 hours sleep last night i was just beinga bit emotional, they seem much more settled so far this morning smudge might finally have got that she does like being licked on the eye! It doesnt help that i dont trust anyone i.e matt or my parents to watch them the control freak in me has to do it myself!!!

Think il take myself for a quick shower in a minute whilst being watched by bunrabs in a carrier! xxx :oops:

After 48 hours in the small pen and they being fine alll morning no scuffles just a little bit of humping and souffy nipping smudgy butt a couple of times but nothing nasty i decided to be brave and extend the pen by a side so packed them into the carrier cleaned it out and took the bunrab duo for a little car tripp and then put them into the new pen
SAM_0158.jpg

Been fine all afternoon smudgy is still trying to hump a bit but not as much seems to be listenening to her a bit more phew
SAM_0160.jpg

Also helps that i managed to sneak in a 2 hour nap at lunch time while they were sleeping and feel so much better for it x

Your going in the right direction Katie :thumb: Just remember every hour their together you're making progress. Even when their ' doing nothing' to you, their telling each other information - their saying ' I'm not bothered by you, I'm happy to sleep' - it's all very coy :lol:

Back