• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter warmers

Rabbitfantothemax

Warren Scout
Hi, anyone got any ideas to keep bunnies warm when it's this cold weather like something to put something in their bed to keep them warm? Because I'm worried they aren't warm enough when they are outside in this whether they are outside rabbits but that's what they're used too

Ive just 'mucked' mine out, they have a hutch inside a shed, ive taken a cardboard box apart and sort of lined the bedroom bit of the hutch then stuffed it full with straw, last night the thermometer said -1deg for lowest overnight temp but the two bunnies were fine, the shed is insulated too. Ive never used a snugglesafe but plenty people on here seem to use them and be happy with them

Ive just 'mucked' mine out, they have a hutch inside a shed, ive taken a cardboard box apart and sort of lined the bedroom bit of the hutch then stuffed it full with straw, last night the thermometer said -1deg for lowest overnight temp but the two bunnies were fine, the shed is insulated too. Ive never used a snugglesafe but plenty people on here seem to use them and be happy with them

id recomend getting one or two. Oscar has a shed with a "bedroom" just a large wooden box with hinged lid and a hole for him to pop in and out, I fill this with hay so he can nibble when in there otherwise i find he'd rather be sat in the open shed. is the hutch open for them to have access to the shed or not ?

ETA: i have two foam type dog beds in the bottom of his box to provide comfort and warmth, also you can get snuggle safes pretty cheap off amazon

shame you don;t have a microwave, snugglesafes are great, you could provide extra covering of their hutches, if hutch bunnies, ie duvet under taurpaulin or hutch covers, or an old carpet underneath, and provide extra bedding such as hay or straw

I would load a photo but my account thing won't let upload photos so cant really! It's basically a double decker hutch with 2 compartments at the top were their loo and food place is and downstairs us a bed with straw and a little plastic hut. It is made if wood there are 2 bunnies living in it. The second hutch has also 2 bunnies and is a double decker with food place and bed at the top and a loo and hay part downstairs eventhough they ae normally better at making themselves warm than the other 2

id recomend getting one or two. Oscar has a shed with a "bedroom" just a large wooden box with hinged lid and a hole for him to pop in and out, I fill this with hay so he can nibble when in there otherwise i find he'd rather be sat in the open shed. is the hutch open for them to have access to the shed or not ?

ETA: i have two foam type dog beds in the bottom of his box to provide comfort and warmth, also you can get snuggle safes pretty cheap off amazon

The hutch is inside the shed and we have taken the wire door off the hutch so on a night we shut the shed door and they can go in the hutch bedroom bit or just be in the shed. The shed is fully insulated on the inside, tomorrow we are going to 're lag' the outside of the shed with roofing felt. The shed is on a passage way so they can only physically get to the end with the door so we are going to put the felt down the sides and across the back and an extra layer on the roof, reckon it'll be warmer in their shed than in our house by the time we have done. :lol: After I had lined the bedroom with cardboard I stuffed it with straw cos its warmer than hay then on the other half of the hutch where the door has been removed theres hay too.

Back