• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Failed Fosterers' Club!

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Who else is a member? :wave:

I'm officially a member now! :oops: I took Josie to the rescue a couple of weeks ago, hoping she would find a home quicker there. But I missed her too much :oops: So I brought her home on Thursday. She's such a special girl, I just couldn't leave her there.

I adopted foster bun Sophie, but I was looking for a partner for Barley at the time, so that doesn't really count as failing. And Florence was a foster cat to begin with, but only because I wasn't sure if Salem would accept her. I wanted to adopt her from the start, so that wasn't really failing either.

So happy to have Josie home, where she belongs! :love:

:wave:

Summer, Tilly, Roger, Autumn, Rosie, Wish and Flame. I have kept the ones who would be better with me than going elsewhere.

I might be..................

Bobbie
John-Boy
Harry
Jo
Patrick
Enya
Liam
Naimh
Big Libby

Plus Bridge Buns- Little Bill, Nellie, Peggy-Sue, Bree , all Bobbie's Babies from the litter was nursing on arrival here. Then 5 Kits whom she delivered 3 weeks after her arrival here but was too ill to raise. We lost all 5 despite an attempt at hand rearing :cry:

can we see a picture?

Ruthie xxx

:lol: Oh well :D Pictures pleeeease :D :D

Of course! :D Here's one of the last pics I took before she went to the rescue. Perched on the back of the sofa, ,my beautiful girl...

Josie364b.jpg

:love:

I have a few times :oops:

I started this little group a while ago but hadn't posted for a while, but have to now as I've taken on a few more unhomeables recently............https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=282791971014

That's a great idea! :D

I'm really not surprised that Josie is back with you, your heartbreak was clear at letting her go, it must be particularly hard when they've been ill and you've had to nurse them.

I've failed with rabbits that I 'fostered' though they technically belonged to me but I only took them in to give them a better life and had the full intention of rehoming them. I had an open mind when Elijah came to stay with me, as I knew I could manage to take him on permanently.... and he won me over within seconds :love::love: Binky and Shadow were "very definitely not staying" (one year ago this week). I decided to keep them because of Shadow's teeth - I wanted to be absolutely certain that he would get the care he will need. Seeing Binky and Shadow looking out for each other and snuggling lifts my spirits very high every time I am with them:love::love:

:) Who did you fall for?

:wave:

Summer, Tilly, Roger, Autumn, Rosie, Wish and Flame. I have kept the ones who would be better with me than going elsewhere.

Awww! Well, Josie is special. She was very poorly with diarrhoea when she first arrived. And she's a hermaphrodite with no uterus or testicles, and a deformed bowel. That might have put people off adopting her!

I might be..................

Bobbie
John-Boy
Harry
Jo
Patrick
Enya
Liam
Naimh
Big Libby

Plus Bridge Buns- Little Bill, Nellie, Peggy-Sue, Bree , all Bobbie's Babies from the litter was nursing on arrival here. Then 5 Kits whom she delivered 3 weeks after her arrival here but was too ill to raise. We lost all 5 despite an attempt at hand rearing :cry:

:lol: I think you might just qualify! Sorry about the babies :cry: That must have been heartbreaking :cry:

I'm really not surprised that Josie is back with you, your heartbreak was clear at letting her go, it must be particularly hard when they've been ill and you've had to nurse them.

I've failed with rabbits that I 'fostered' though they technically belonged to me but I only took them in to give them a better life and had the full intention of rehoming them. I had an open mind when Elijah came to stay with me, as I knew I could manage to take him on permanently.... and he won me over within seconds :love::love: Binky and Shadow were "very definitely not staying" (one year ago this week). I decided to keep them because of Shadow's teeth - I wanted to be absolutely certain that he would get the care he will need. Seeing Binky and Shadow looking out for each other and snuggling lifts my spirits very high every time I am with them:love::love:

Awww! :love:

Yes, I'd really bonded with Josie. I think it is the nursing that does it.

If I know they're going to a great new home, I'm happy to part with the fosters. To go from so much space and love here to staying in a hutch at the rescue with all the other buns though is heartbreaking. :cry: Not knowing who would take her was just too much for me. :cry:

I took Noel to the rescue on Thursday, as he's 100% healthy and I think he stands a good chance of finding a home quickly, but Peter is still with me as I'm still working on his hay eating.

Well Oscar is a little darling! :love: And he has special needs, so that makes it OK! :D

exactly :lol: We always said that we wanted a Silver Tabby (Oscars grey and white so close enough ;) ) and that if a disabled or special needs cat came into our care then they'd probably stay.
When I took him for his amputation Dotty our dog cried and pined for him the whole day, it was then that we decided that he had to stay, we couldnt seperate them :love:

Plus he's a right cutie :love::love::love: I love my Oisky :love:

Mr B was supposed to be a foster! It was my OH who bonded with him while I was away for a week and couldn't let him go.

Me:oops:

I took on Berry, Cherry and Apple (Starlight foster buns) in August last year for a month - and they have never left:oops:

Yep. Woody (RIP), Crumpet and Kenco were supposed to just be fosters. Although Woody and Crumpet were the rescue sanctuary buns, so were really here for life either way.

ETA: Maybe there should be 'Failed starlight's foster club' as a sub'group lol

Yep. Woody (RIP), Crumpet and Kenco were supposed to just be fosters. Although Woody and Crumpet were the rescue sanctuary buns, so were really here for life either way.

ETA: Maybe there should be 'Failed starlight's foster club' as a sub'group lol

I need to join that group!! I fostered Marbles & Whiskers from Starlights who are now called Maddie & Ned and are well and truly part of the family!!

Back