• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan Help

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Yesterday we got 4 weeks free pet insurance for Lucky.
The bit where it said state has Lucky been to the vets other than general and vaccs.
We wrote sneezing, we didn't know what date so we estimated it.
We thought in the next section they would ask about our vets. In which case the vets would send them the date and reasons automatically.
We didn't write dentals either because we thought it would show up when we add our vet details.

It didn't, so does my Dad phone them ?
And provide vet details on the phone ?
So they can ask for dates etc from there because we have no clue.

you could phone your vets and ask for dates and details etc, and then when your dad phones petplan for covered for lfe policy, he needs to declare any medical conditions before nsurance was taken out even free 4weeks :wave:

They suspended the cover because I made a mistake :/

Minilop did you do yours online ?
I phoned my vets and they're not allowed to send history.
They said we could bring the papers and they would fill it out for us.
But you can only do the 4 weeks insurance online :/
Bit stuck.
We don't have any receipts either

Bit stuck.

I've bought on line and I got a 10% discount, which would be more or less the equivalent to 4 free weeks. They don't ask about medical history on line (or didn't when I filled mine in) and only start asking about that if you make a claim, which makes sense - less work all round. (Though I suppose you might not know what you are insured for and what not insured for).

A couple of times when trying to buy on line and it wouldn't accept an existing policy number to get the multipet discount, so I had to ring them (but got the discount as if I'd bought on line). Tinks had a pre-existing history of sneezing. It was quite bad about 3 years ago, I gave them the history including that she had had a 1 month course of baytril. They didn't put it down as an exclusion as they saw it as resolved.

When I got the others insured they didn't know their history but when I made a first claim they then sent new policy documents with exclusions on such as tear ducts because they had had them flushed when they were neutered etc.

Bit stuck.

no got 4 weeks free from vets then had to phone and was gven another month free for taking out policy

I'd phone them and ask - they're open until 1 I think on Saturdays. Call on 020 8580 8080 rather than the 0845 number they give you, so you don't get charged ;) (I've renewed my insurance this morning!)

Thanks everyone I'll get my Dad to phone on Monday or today before 1 (roughly 20 mins left :p)

Need my vet to send the history details first before I can phone them.

Helen nx100 does the number give you an option to get 4 weeks free insurance too?

Back