• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodnight Herbie, my very special boy

Tracy

Warren Veteran
This is a post I never wanted to have to write. I am completely devastated to have lost my very special boy.

My beautiful Herbie passed away earlier this week, on 9 January. He hadn't been ill and it seems that he passed peacefully into forever sleep during the night, it was just his time to go. He was 7 years old. I went to give him his breakfast on Monday morning and found that he had gone to forever sleep, he was lying in his usual sleeping position, he looked peaceful and at rest.

Herbie came to live with us when he was about 6 months old, he was found as a stray and we offered him a forever home. When he was a year old he started with severe dental problems which continued throughout his life. Despite his problems, he lived a long and happy life, thanks to his own resilience and the excellent treatment and care which he received from my vet.

Throughout his life he has always needed a lot of special care and because of this we developed a very close bond. I always knew that one day he would completely break my heart and that losing him would be the worst day of my life......and it was.

Herbie always had a zest for life, he was a rascal and was into everything. He was also the most affectionate animal I have ever known. When I lay on the floor, he would run over to me and snuggle up against me. He loved me to whisper to him, he'd press his little face against my mouth.

I miss my special boy more than I can put into words. I love him so much. He was such a big part of my life. I feel as though I will never stop crying, I want him back so badly. He has left me with a broken heart and a huge hole in my life.

I have put together a tribute to Herbie. If you have a few spare minutes, please take a look. http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=1014c9829bf38dcca3eec51&skin_id=1604&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Goodnight Herbie, sleep well my sweetheart. Thank you for being part of my life. I will always love you and will keep you in my heart forever. xxx

Herbie%25252004a.jpg

Herbie%25252022.JPG

Oh Tracy. I'm so so sorry. Herbie was always one of my favourite RU bunnies, he was so gorgeous. Binky free handsome boy, watch over mummy :cry: xxx

I am SO sorry - he looks incredibly special - handsome and intelligent and completely happy and relaxed - obviously a very 'human' attached bun. . .

You must have had a very special bond.

Oh Tracy, I've had a little cry reading your post and watching the lovely video. Herbie was a much-loved little rabbit who lived life to the full right up until the end. His happy life is a testament to the care and devotion you showed him as his dedicated owner. I'm so sorry he had to go, but so glad that you found each other. I wonder what kind of a life he would have known with a less motivated owner given his dental problems and I'm so glad that he chose to leave this world on his own terms.

Sleep tight little Herbie x

My heart sank when I saw his name :cry::cry:

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. When they have regular GAs you think about the possibility of them each time they go, for them to pass away unexpectedly is a huge shock. Bungee Bun left me the same way, though it's come to be a comfort to me over time for it to have been a peaceful passing.

Those pictures are beautiful, he has a very lovely expressive face :love::love:

I'm so sorry, thinking of you at this sad time.

The tribute was lovely, such a special, handsome boy. xxx

:cry: He looks like a lovely bun and so lucky to have his forever home with such a loving bun mum. Binky free little man and big hugs to your momma xx

I've just watched the tribute and it is lovely, what a very hansome little fella he was.
Binky free little Herbie and watch over your mummy. Sending massive hugs to you Tracy.xxxxx

I am so sorry to hear this :( I have just watched your tribute and am sat here in tears :( What a wonderful bunny, and what a wonderful life he had with you.

Binky free and continue to happily flop little Herbie xxxxxxx

Really sorry to read this about Herbie :cry: He was such a special bun but I'm glad he passed peacefully at home. Big hugs to you xx
Binky free Herbie x x

I am so sorry. How very very heartbreaking. What a beautiful boy he was with his gorgeous markings on his face. I am so sorry for your loss. :cry::cry::cry:

I am so sorry. I'm thinking of you.

The video you made for him was gorgeous, a lovely tribute. :cry:

Binky free handsome Herbie xx

I am so very sorry :cry:

Herbie obviously had a wonderful life with you and if there is such a thing as a 'good' way to pass away, to do so whilst asleep in the comfort of home has to be one of them. No less devastating for you though :cry: But peaceful and stress free for Herbie

Binky Free handsome lad xx

Back