• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not enough binkies :(

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Do some rabbits binky more than others, even if they are happy??

Finx doesn't do it as much now she lives outside with Tango, although she seems happy being groomed and destroying their toys. Tango just doesn't seem like an active bunny, he is usually perched on his favourite look-out bridge or just chilling.

The only time he runs about is when he's chasing Finx away from a potential treat.

Do you think they are happy and just lazy, or bored?

Mine binky less the more space they have to live in.
When they were free range, they NEVER binkied... It was all happy flops!

Ozzie binkys and races round, twinkle just stands and looks at him like hes lost the plot but I have to say Twinkle is a happy bunny you can see it in her face she just has better things to do with her time than spend it 'doing them silly jump things' :p

That's good to know. I think Tango is just greedy and lazy. His rescue notes say he was found as a stray - overweight! He likes to throw things and strip the bark off their table. I think he is happy here... He's been with us for 4 months now!

Mine don't binky very often :( But they do happy flops :D And mini binkies sometimes. But the only time I see them do real binkies is when they're out free ranging, which isn't as often as I would like :(

We have had Twinkle since October and Ozzie since November, they are totally in love, shes nearly 6 and hes only 2 at the most, they bonded instantly and as long as he does everything her way then its fine. He climbs and jumps. they are free range all day and we caught him on the garden table a few weeks ago so we had to move all the garden chairs away from the table. We also had to put another level on top of the fences so he couldnt jump out. He was in a small hutch 24/7 before we got him so he just loves being free. Twinkle just shakes her head at her teenage toyboy. Shes almost like a doting mother with him, he can do no wrong in her eyes.:lol:

Twinkle and Ozzy sound gorgeous. My garden isn't secure enough for Finx and Tango to free range, although I'd love to let them :( I'm working on it! Their run is made of 3 joined together (6x4ft + 5x4ft +2x3ft) so there is plenty of space, even if it's a funny shape :lol:

Twinkle and Ozzy sound gorgeous. My garden isn't secure enough for Finx and Tango to free range, although I'd love to let them :( I'm working on it! Their run is made of 3 joined together (6x4ft + 5x4ft +2x3ft) so there is plenty of space, even if it's a funny shape :lol:

Sounds great, my buns have totally taken over the back yard, totally safe but it means alot more work keeping it clean etc. Ive just been to put them to bed and they race round the patio then come into the shed to see what Im doing (filling there hay bucket and checking the straw in the hutch then providing I have food they will stay in the shed and i can shut them in for the night, if I forget supper then forget going to bed! they have very strong personalities which I love, cant wait for summer when the patio doors are open all the time, luckily the downstairs is bunny proofed!

Sounds great, my buns have totally taken over the back yard, totally safe but it means alot more work keeping it clean etc. Ive just been to put them to bed and they race round the patio then come into the shed to see what Im doing (filling there hay bucket and checking the straw in the hutch then providing I have food they will stay in the shed and i can shut them in for the night, if I forget supper then forget going to bed! they have very strong personalities which I love, cant wait for summer when the patio doors are open all the time, luckily the downstairs is bunny proofed!

Can't wait for summer! I'm looking for a way to temporarily fence off the patio so I can open the front of the hutch and sit under the gazebo with them. Their run is on grass with mesh, they get to it through a slidy door in the side of the hutch but it's not the most comfortable place for me to sit with them, I'm a bit tall for it! :lol:

Back