• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you ever feel really upset...

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
by the fact you can't offer more bunnies a home? I have a nice big setup, but my girls aren't as closely bonded as some m/f partnerships. I also live with my mom and she was fabulous about letting me move home with the bunnies - she wouldn't want me to get more, especially as my two are so well behaved and no trouble at all. I wouldn't want to disrupt N&T's bond and I don't have room for two setups (neither would I be allowed), so unfortunately getting another few bunnies isn't possible. But I see so many that are depressed/alone in rescues, and I feel awful that I can't have them. N&T are such friendly girls, they'd probably love to have a nice big gaggle of other bunnies around. I wish I could take them all :(

I used to.

I don't much anymore, as i came to the realisation that i wouldnt be able to offer them a home, without splitting my time and care and so would not be thinking in the best interests of the bunnies.

I could offer bunnies a home, the only factor that I don't have is time. What little time I do have available I spend with Herbie & Inca. I personally don't think it would be fair to get more bunnies and spend less time with them.

i often do..

i have a trio of two girls and a boy and though most of the time all is well, now and again the girls do a bit of chasing/fur pulling and i often feel i'd like to get another male then split the girls so i have 2 pairs. only then i have the dilemma of which girl do i take away as they both love Buddy as he does them.
as the girls are ok 90% of the time and when they do chase its never really nasty, doesn't last long and then they sit happily side by side i just leave them as they are.
i couldn't really afford a 4th at the moment let alone build another decent set up for the pair, but if i ever got the money it would be top of my list and i'd be straight over to BARC!

Yes I do too. I was really upset that we had to return the two lymington bunnies and again when we couldn't offer Hay Monster a home. But it was probably the right thing to do because I also wouldn't want to risk the bond Widget and Sprocket have together.

Yes. I wish I could take on 2 more. Problem is that although my garden is split in 2 with a fence/gate separating the 2 parts, my existing buns are used to having the whole garden to run in when we're at home. If the gate was closed, they'd sit beside it and look sad and make me feel terribly guilty. Especially if they saw another 2 buns running around THEIR garden : Also, my grass is so short all the time with the 3 of them. I really don't think it could support any more, and I do like them being able to graze on the grass.

The only other way I could do it would be to put a small door (rather than the big one) and a window in my garage and clear all the rubbish out of there :roll: I could split the garage and have 2 groups of 2 in there but that would involve quite a lot of outlay. I have thought about it quite a lot though, especially when I see a bunny that tugs at my heart strings:oops:

yes!!

I've just seen Dexter for example, adorable little fellow that should have a forever home! I can only realisitically have one pair at a time. I love my 2 to pieces and I know I'm giving them the best. I keep thinking about having a third to add to them but they are currently not together and may need rebonding as it is. I don't think it would be fair to have 3 in our set up as Snowdrop is a big fella (I'm hoping he stops growing soon, he is 5 months so hope that growth stops next month!)
I hate that so many buns are out there, living in cruel conditions or not finding a forever home. I will always rescue tho, thats for sure! I will rescue my gerbils from now on too as I've noticed there are some advertised here fairly regularly!
Every day I am more and more in love with buns tho!!:love:

Yes I do...but then i do with all animals that need homes! I love all animals and so I would end up with a zoo and funds/space/time are limited. We adore our two girls and I like to think that they have a lovely life with us...they are happy, have space, plenty of hay, food, we can provide medical care, vaccs etc etc etc but we couldnt do that with endless animals :( We are in the process of adopting a beautiful puppy and once she is home then that will be us at our pet limit for a long time :( I know that deep down adding more pets that we couldnt afford would be silly, foolish and unfair and so I just make sure that the pets would do have get the best that we can provide :)

Yes. Afraid I try not to look at Rabbits in Need. I know I just can't do it, either financially or practically. Would love to though.

Yes. Afraid I try not to look at Rabbits in Need. I know I just can't do it, either financially or practically. Would love to though.

I can't read those either I end up in tears every time! I find it really sad how people give up on animals when they are sick! A girl at uni asked me yesterday why I don't just put Malteser down and get a new bunny cos it would be cheaper! :shock: She said that her mum always says if it costs more than £100 to treat then the animal should be put to sleep and they'll just go to the RSPCA for a new one. Shocking

Back