• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Like father like son - Parsley PIERT at vets . . UD Home for £500

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
So having heard what happened to his bunny papa - Parsley Piert decided to have a fight with his sister (PP has been neutered since 10 weeks old, his sister since about 16 weeks) . . . and is now at the vets having stitches in an armpit and tummy wound . . .

Vibes for Parsley Piert please . . its a nasty hole . . and for my bank account if all this goes on much longer . . .

He will also be going into solitary confinement for a while on his return . .

Last edited:
Oh no! Has spring fever arrived early?! Hope it heals quickly. Sending lots of vibes xx

Well as the snowdrops are in bloom and the bluebells and daffodils leaves are about 6 inches tall - and loads of weeds are in flower - its really spring that has arrived early rather than just the bunnies spring fever.

But it is getting beyond a joke . . they are all fractious and bouncing off each other and I am getting a bit tired (as is my poor vet).

Really worried about Parsley Piert . . the stress of having one in after another is getting to me

aw no naughty bunnies, I hope all stays calm for you over the next few days and the two injured bunnies recover quickly!

Oh no!!! Crazy little things! sending lots of vibes for Parsley and hope they start settling down soon and behaving themselves to give you some rest!

Sending lots of vibes for Parsley Piert xxx
I hope your bunnies soon calm down or they'll all end up in solitary confinement! :shock:

He's home again - they said the wounds were more extensive and deeper than thought - so with yesterday's consultations and todays surgery thats another £500 (thank god for insurance - Parsley's penis cost us £900 just a couple of days ago).

He wouldn't eat all the time he was at the vets and they were really worried when they gave him back - said that he had not pood or peed or eaten before or after the op - and must be in lots of pain etc etc - (I told them that the previous night he had scoffed 3 bowls of pellets and a huge bowl of greens despite the same wounds . . ). They said they were only giving him back as they did not know what else to try and no-one was in overnight who could try and bring him round . . . so they thought we could try . . but not to be too surprised if things did not go well . .

Got him back and he immediately poo'd a mountain of poos and scoffed 60mls of syringe feed and a bowl of greens followed by some pellets . .

Guess he just doesn't like it at the vets . . .

Now he is in isolation downstairs - Parsley is in isolation upstairs , Comfrey and Lola are in the front living room and Peaches is very depressed and missing Parsley in the dining room. Milk Thistle and Nutmeg have gone into a hutch and run on the patio as they hived off from one of the groups too when Nutmeg got stasis . .

We do still have an emergency isolation space in the studio . . . . . but lets not tempt things . .

Last edited:
Back