• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibafirst

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
*wave*

I know some people have asked about this and Supreme have very kindly sent me FOUR (*shock*) boxes to try after I sent some feedback on the new SS. I'd like to spread the lurve so if anyone wants to try a couple of handfuls (with their bunnies obviously! though if you fancy trying them yourselves I'm not going to stop you!) and is willing to pay postage then I'll send some out.

All my four have had some. To begin with they seemed really excited by them, then I gave Mischa and Nutmeg some after their yucky meds and they weren't so impressed, but they do sulk a bit after that anyway. No adverse effects in the litter trays!

Also got a training booklet which I'm going to scan in when I have a helper who can turn the pages for me so I don't have to keep going up and down the stairs. Daft scanner, why can't it turn the pages itself?! Or I might take photos. Will also take photos of the things themselves and the ingredients list.

Ingredients:
IMG_2715.jpg

Box:
IMG_2716.jpg

'Pellets':
IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

Im sure others will take you up on your very kind and generous offer!

I won't, due to Ginger's tummy, but thank you for the wondeful idea *smile*

Excited to try these, have some on the way and will be very pleased if Elsa eats them and will be interested to see if they seem to help her teeth/digestion as a non hay eating bun :)

They're giant! I guess that's a good thing though as you'd get longer pieces of grass than you'd get chopped for smaller pellets. So sort of a cross between pellets and hay cakes - which would be good for rabbits, particularly if you had one reluctant with hay but would eat these.

I wouldn't mind swapping mine over eventually as I think the timothy hay base may be better for Mini than the alfalfa hay base although there is still some alfalfa in them. But I cant work out how I'd easily measure it out. I think for now I'll use them as a one a day treat and see how Mini's tum reacts.

Is that a new and readily available food?

Is it a higher fibre version of the normal ss pellet? Are the bunnies enthusiastic about eating it?

Is that a new and readily available food?

Is it a higher fibre version of the normal ss pellet? Are the bunnies enthusiastic about eating it?

It is very new, don't know how readily available it is. The lady said she'd send me some as soon as it's ready so I guess they are starting to talk to distributers about stocking it.

It's higher fibre and supposed to be longer fibre to help their teeth. It does crumble up though as they eat it so I'm not yet convinced by that. It's also supposed to take them longer to eat but not with mine!

Very enthusiastic. On the yumminess scale it is behind crunchies and Liz's biscuits but equal with normal pellets. :lol:

When my Humph was in the vets he had these! I could NOT for the life of me work out what they were so thanks for posting this!!!

For what it's worth he did much on them even when he was feeling pretty bad.

Hi, i live in china and I am thinking of buying this for my bun. but i wanna make sure this is easily accepted by most rabbits cuz the international shipping fee even doubles the prize...which brand's pellets do you feed your bunnies on normally? How is the acceptance rate when they are compared to fibafirst?

Hi, i live in china and I am thinking of buying this for my bun. but i wanna make sure this is easily accepted by most rabbits cuz the international shipping fee even doubles the prize...which brand's pellets do you feed your bunnies on normally? How is the acceptance rate when they are compared to fibafirst?

My bunny has Science Selective as his main pellet, but I've recently being trying him with fibafirst. He does eat the fibafirst, but I'm not sure I would change him over completely.

There are a couple of threads in the diet section which discuss pellet type, and also specifically fibafirst. You might find it worth having a look.

Back