• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Penny my brothers bunny. She's Gone :(

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
She's 7 years old bless her and was spayed late at 4 years old. She always had small weaping masses which were successfully removed under GA. About1 week ago I went to visit and Penny had a sore from a mass which my brothers normal vet said was inoperable and so they left it. The sore was causing Penny difficult in hopping and her back legs were bounding so very high to try minimise the sore contact with the floor. The vet of my brothers suggested PTS. I immediately gave my brother FHB's details. My brother is based in Ulleskelf so quite Near Harogate so the journey is good for him. FHB was poorly this weekend but was able to operate on dear old Penny this Wednesday.

The mass found is a cancerous tumour and has been removed, however the operation was very invasive and shocked FHB as she thought Penny just had a hormone imbalance and the problem was with her mammary tissue :(. Penny was supposed to come home last night, but she's had to stay in another night as she won't eat :(. My brother and his partner are so very worried and have been updating me regularly on Penny's process and with any news.

Can you please spare a thought for little Penny. The Cancer may be elsewhere however tests have been sent off for analysis, fingers crossed if was just the mass, although this is unlikely. Please send vibes for Penny to nom so she can come home to mummy and daddy and her elderly husbun Harry xxx

Last edited:
Thank you both. My brother was supposed to find out this morning if they'll be able to bring her home tonight, still waiting on the latest update.

She's such a sweet bunny. xxxxx

My brother is in bits and I've only been able to speak to my mum. Penny had a heart attack last night after her surgery, she passed away last night.
A PM showed Penny had small cancerous tumours all over her lungs and it was unlikely she'd have lasted the next 6 months even if she had pulled through. I'm absolutely gutted for him.

The two bunnies we've had go to FHB have left us for the bridge, I'm just very down now. I reccommended her to my brother despite what happened with Chicky and now I did this to his Penny. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry Penny. :( Binky free beautiful Penny, watch over your mummy and daddy.

Thank to those that thought of her, sadly she had already passed, I was just unaware of this :( xxxx

Oh no, I'm so sorry :cry: Please don't think you did anything wrong. If anyone could have saved Penny, it was FHB. It's just really bad luck. :cry: Binky free Penny xx

Really sorry to hear this sad news. I do agree with Helen, though - both buns were in the best possible hands and left for the bridge despite that not because of it... Please don't blame yourself in any way. RIP Penny :cry:

Thank you both. I know FHB is brilliant, I'm just I do blame myself but I know taking her there he gave her a chance. I'm just devastated for him and he even apologised to me because when Lola left us he said he didn't understand how it had broken me so much..but now he does and he's sorry for not being more sympathetic and supportive with me. I just wish there was something I could say or do, but there's just nothing.

Penny was a proper sweetie and for Christmas I made my brother and his partner Tamsin wooden bunny decorations one was Penny and one Harry, they loved them then...I'm sure now they'll mean even more.

Thank you for listening and thinking of us. Penny is with Loli and Bri now, probably having a party at the bridge. xxx

Back