• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Button the hammy in her new home :)

*Red*

Mama Doe
This is my new little addition, Button the PreLoved advert hammy who came to live with me on Friday.

Her new home was extended Tuesday night by adding another storage box to create two levels. £13 each from Argos, and 44 x 71 x 23cm makes them perfect for little fluffs! Cut the lid away leaving just the rim, and replaced with mesh.

Hello everyone! :wave:

P1030495.jpg

P1030493.jpg

You can't really tell from the photo but the lower level has about 5 inches of bedding at one end which thins out towards the other end of the cage to allow for her wheel. She's got a wide tube, a flowerpot and boxes as well on that level. Her Karlie Wonderland wheel arrived on Wednesday which I popped in when I got home. It's a 20cm diameter one and is SILENT! She's in love with it too, was in it on Wednesday continally for 2hrs! she looked like a little galloping pony :love:

I'm going to make her a climbing wall with a little ledge to get up onto, and a suspended walkway over the weekend. I'll post better piccies of her and the cage then.

Awwww, photos don't do this little lady justice; she's even more beautiful irl and I really wish I'd sneaked her out in my pocket.

I love how you've done the lower floor, that's brilliant! Has she kept her tissue box up the right way since the other day? :lol:

Thanks ladies! :)

She's a bit timid at the moment but then it's only a week tonight that I picked her up so just need to give her more time. Going to get her a little hammy pen to run around in and might sit in it and let her get used to me.

Awwww, photos don't do this little lady justice; she's even more beautiful irl and I really wish I'd sneaked her out in my pocket.

I love how you've done the lower floor, that's brilliant! Has she kept her tissue box up the right way since the other day? :lol:

:lol: Yes she's kept it the right way since it's been on the upper level, I should have taken a photo of that shouldn't I!

:lol: Yes she's kept it the right way since it's been on the upper level, I should have taken a photo of that shouldn't I!

It was very funny; I think she probably knew I wanted to see her and she was trying to barricade herself in!

Of course I don't mind! I'd recommend those boxes to anyone! They're a good size and decent thick plastic *smiley*

What a sweetie.....and her new home is great!

I was listening to the radio the other day and a guy had rigged up his hammie wheel to count how many times it turned. He worked out that his hammie had covered the equivelent of nearly 8 miles overnight........so I bet you're glad that Buttons wheel is silent!!!

Wow!! Yes I am, lol. I thought of that the other night actually, wondered how far she must run. I'd love to rig hers up and find out!

Thanks *red*,
shiva is currently as of this morning in her carry cage until i can get out at 2:30 to get her storage box's this couldnt have happned at a better time!! <3

Back