• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boris's neuter U/D 16/1 wound not looking good at all :(

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Carried on from back up RU. This morning boris seems a lot more settled. He's eaten everything I left out and is munching hay as I type :D he's rather cautious about me touching him but I think that's just because he doesn't want me to touch were he's probably sore.

Last edited:
Great news Liz :wave: I've not been using the back up forum so didn't know he'd been for the snip. Glad he's doing ok :D

That's wonderful news, I hope he hasn't been nibbling on his wound any more!

Thankyou :) I got in today and he'd eatan a lot of hay and there's plenty of poops (all looking good) and wee's. I've had a look at his wound and it looks ok, looked quite a mess yesterday from where he'd made himself bleed 3 times :( But it looks a lot better now. xx

:wave: fab news that boris is doing well. i wasn't on the back up forum so didn't know he was going for the snip ;)

Can't believe it, went for his post op check up today, he's been eating fine/showing no signs of pain etc and when I've checked his wound it looked ok. However his skin is dark and looks, for lack of a better word, rather grotty and doesn't look good at all. Have no idea how I've missed this :( His pen is kept clean and he has nothing in there that could have caused infection. He's got some medicine, can't quite remember what, to have for 5 days, he's back on friday unless it gets worse. He's acting fine in himself, hope I can get the medicine in him ok.

Can't believe it, went for his post op check up today, he's been eating fine/showing no signs of pain etc and when I've checked his wound it looked ok. However his skin is dark and looks, for lack of a better word, rather grotty and doesn't look good at all. Have no idea how I've missed this :( His pen is kept clean and he has nothing in there that could have caused infection. He's got some medicine, can't quite remember what, to have for 5 days, he's back on friday unless it gets worse. He's acting fine in himself, hope I can get the medicine in him ok.

So sorry to hear this Liz :( I expect he has a course of anitbiotics. Fingers crossed he takes his meds & they start to work quickly. The fact that he's eating & behaving normally is a good sign :D

oh no my lovely :( got all the vibes i can muster coming boris's way. as long as he is acting his normal self im sure that that is a good sign and lets hope this is just a little blip on the recovery scale xxx

Is it bruising ?

This can happen and it can look awful. But it usually fully resolves within a week.

The vet said it could be and he has antibiotics to prevent infection, which I've just spread onto some parsley/carrot and he has eaten all :) thankyou Susie and Jane xx

ETA: thankyou also little-Laura and shell :) xxxx

Back