• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopscotch U/D 24/01 surgery U/D 05/03 vet check up again

helennnnnn

Wise Old Thumper
from going round and round in circles with Hopscotch. Every time I think he's getting a bit better we just go backwards again :cry: Managed about 5 weeks with no visits to the vet before Christmas. Went last Tuesday and now going again this Thursday :cry: I feel awful for my poor little man. Why can't we just get him better and be done with it?! :evil:

Last edited:
from going round and round in circles with Hopscotch. Every time I think he's getting a bit better we just go backwards again :cry: Managed about 5 weeks with no visits to the vet before Christmas. Went last Tuesday and now going again this Thursday :cry: I feel awful for my poor little man. Why can't we just get him better and be done with it?! :evil:

I'm sending of a few vibes to you and Hopscotch right now!

Hugs Helennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn *unhappy smiley face*

Big vibes for Hopscotch! Poor little man *unhappy smiley face*

It feels like 8 months later and we don't seem to be getting anywhere :( why is he so awkward?! :roll:

It's just unfortunate that the abcess is where it is :( I've been doing lots of research and really the only way to get rid of an abcess is removal, but the vet says he can't do that?

It must be so frustrating and upsetting :cry: I hope the vet can find a way to help Hopscotch. Sending vibes for him and hugs for you xx

Hugs Helennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn *unhappy smiley face*

Big vibes for Hopscotch! Poor little man *unhappy smiley face*

Haha thanks Graham, I think you should totally keep typing emoticons out even though they are back now!

It's just unfortunate that the abcess is where it is :( I've been doing lots of research and really the only way to get rid of an abcess is removal, but the vet says he can't do that?

He didn't say he can't do it, but he doesn't want to do it! We were all booked in for surgery a few months ago but he changed his mind after x-rays showed that it had gotten smaller since the previous x-rays. I think it's just working out whether it is worth the risk, especially when it seemed to be getting better (although slowly!)

It must be so frustrating and upsetting :cry: I hope the vet can find a way to help Hopscotch. Sending vibes for him and hugs for you xx

Thank you :)

Just to let you know that I am thinking about Hopscotch and you and sending all positive vibes xx

Ruth x

Thank you :)

I don't know it's not your fault some bunnies do get poorly easier than others i suppose

I know it's not anyone's fault but that doesn't make it easier sadly :(

I haven't been home this weekend but Mum tells me that he's been sneezing all weekend and I've noticed it in the few hours I've been home :cry: Need to phone vet to update him tomorrow anyway so will see what he wants to do with him next......

X-rays have confirmed decision to operate on the abscess up his nose on Tuesday :( Dropping him off in the morning and he'll be staying in until Wednesday :( We really thought it was healing before Christmas :(

Poor little soul. I love Hopscotch. He just has style and attitude in those pics. :love: Wishing you both all the best for a successful outcome.

X-rays have confirmed decision to operate on the abscess up his nose on Tuesday :( Dropping him off in the morning and he'll be staying in until Wednesday :( We really thought it was healing before Christmas :(

I have everything crossed that it goes as well as possible. I don't think people realise how much Hopscotch and yourself have had to go through - just coz you don't post a tonne of threads about it. Poor Hopscotch has had to have so many nose flushes and vets visits, and he's only not long been well enough to be vaccinated and neutered. Not to mention the enormous vets bills you've paid out for him, which I'm sure a lot of bunny owners wouldn't.

Hopscotch is a very lucky bunny for having such a lovely mommy who looks after him well :love:

Hopscotch has all the good luck vibes in the world from Nena, Tapla, me and mommy yaretzi :thumb:

Back