• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When can I move my rabbits in together.

rjeffery99

Young Bun
For the past week or so I've been working on bonding my 2 girl rabbits, Bugsy and Lola. I was just wondering, what is the sign that they are ready to move in together? Also, is it normal for one of my rabbits to poke the other? Thanks.

Are both spayed? What have you been doing? For how long each day?

When you first move them in together you will need to continually supervise them so that you can separate and deal with any issues if they arise.

They arn't spayed and that's another thing, do you recommend that I get them both spayed? I've been putting inside my house, as this is neutral territory and for about 20 minutes to half an hour each day.

For that short amount of time it won't give you much indication. You need to work at increasing the time, and even then when you first keep them together you need to supervise them.

That said, I wouldn't start proper bonding until 6-8 weeks after they have been spayed.

It might be worth reading this http://flashsplace.webs.com/bondingbunnies.htm

Back