• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh god, just had a panic about Max :( U/d Now Timmy too :(

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
He very suddenly started breathing very fast, shifting around uncomfortably and refusing food :shock: Obviously the dread set in, I syringed him some cooled boiled water, held a warm water bottle against him and *gently* massaged his tum .It felt ok to me but I did hear a loud gurgle.
So here we are, 10 mins later and hes in his tray eating hay :? Abit of trapped wind do you think?

Last edited:
Not sure, but didnt want to read and run. Glad he is noming hay ok!

Not sure, but didnt want to read and run. Glad he is noming hay ok!

Thankyou :)
Well he sat in his tray eating hay while I had a quick shower. Hes now snuggled up on his bed with Charlotte, he seems comfortable. Im still not 100% happy though, hes grooming himself alot and is even grumpier than usual.
I have to go to work in 20 mins :( Have phoned OH who is going to try and finish work as early as possible. It will be 2 hours at the most hes alone, but Im still panicking :(

Honey sometimes does this when she has some fur trying to pass through, it is worrying but she normally passes it soon after. I made a vet appointment for her on sat morning for this, but she was fine 10 minutes later so I cancelled it!

Honey sometimes does this when she has some fur trying to pass through, it is worrying but she normally passes it soon after. I made a vet appointment for her on sat morning for this, but she was fine 10 minutes later so I cancelled it!

Thanks for this :) Charlotte is moulting profusely at the moment and he grooms her alot, so it could well be that.

Its just such a stomach churning feeling when you realise somethings wrong isnt it? :(

Hope Max is fine now. I am sure they like to panic us.

Cutie-pie is moulting again. I swear she always seems to be moulting all year round and it does affect her eating sometimes.

I had that happen with Bella as well, while I was talking to the emergency vet on the phone she basically leapt to her feet and started eating hay like nothing had happened :? I think it was just gas.

I'm glad Max is ok :)

How is Max now? Hope he is okay. x

Thankyou for asking :)
Max is still eating this evening which is a relief. His breathing is normal and he seems comfortabke. Im not completely happy bwcause he is abit lethargic and extra grumpy :(
I'll be keeping a very close eye on him. Might even get him to the vets for a check over xxx

Why do we put ourselves through the trauma and worry of having bunnies?

* says she about to take on two more!

Why do we put ourselves through the trauma and worry of having bunnies?

* says she about to take on two more!

I am starting to wonder that tonight!

Timmy has now just done exactly the same thing. I noticed he was quiet so offered him some hay, not interested, offered him a pellet, not interested, saw him do that uncomfortable strech thing they do. Then that horrendous heart dropping into your stomach feeling of realising he's poorly :(
Same as with Max I syringed him some cooled boiled water, held him on a warm hot water bottle and gently massaged his tummy for a while.
15-20 mins later hes sitting in his litter tray nomming some hay. Hes much brighter aswell.

Ive no idea whats caused this in 2 of my buns today. Theyve eaten the same hay and pellets, but then so have my girls and theyre both fine *knocks on wood* They are both the groomers though, so maybe theyve ingested fur :(

Back