• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A poor depressed little Beano. Sad, sad story. U/D post 24 :)

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
A little bunny called Beano has been returned to Windwhistle Warren for re-homing.:cry:

He is a gorgeous chocolate brown lop and up until recently had a girlfriend called Doris.

Unfortunately Doris has died, and Beano's owner needs to find him a new home.

I rescued him around 2010 from awful circumstances.

He's around 6 years old and I think in good health. Alice says that he is depressed at being back in rescue.:cry::cry:

He has a beautiful temperament and is full vaccinated and is neutered.

Can anyone offer this dear little old chap a forever home?

Alice will be adding him on to the WW site shortly.

Last edited:
Bless his little heart. Have you got any info on breed etc? I know I can't, but someone out there will. He sounds like he deserves spoiling. Xxx

Hi, :wave: Beano is a small lop.

An absolute darling considering how he was treated in life before he was re-homed.

His original owners hoped that his hutch would slowly fall to pieces and the fox,(which visited the garden nightly) would come and.......:censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Appalling living conditions.Appalling welfare.........................etc, etc.:cry::cry:

Hi, :wave: Beano is a small lop.

An absolute darling considering how he was treated in life before he was re-homed.

His original owners hoped that his hutch would slowly fall to pieces and the fox,(which visited the garden nightly) would come and.......:censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Appalling living conditions.Appalling welfare.........................etc, etc.:cry::cry:

That is so sad.....i will never understand people like that, and nor would i want to.
I really hope he finds his forever home very soon. Alice is an amazing person, thank god Beano is safe now. x

If fifi makes it through her operation tomorrow we will be looking for a companion for her. She is 6 years old and is a house bunny. We have had a few bunnies from Alice before :D

If fifi makes it through her operation tomorrow we will be looking for a companion for her. She is 6 years old and is a house bunny. We have had a few bunnies from Alice before :D

All fingers and paws crossed here for Fifi. It would be lovely for Beano and Fifi to be engaged:love:

Fingers crossed that all goes well for Fifi. :thumb:
If I remember Beano, he was a gentle, amiable little fella.

Perhaps there might be a chance for him to find happiness and love once again. Oooooh I hope so. He deserves so much after his awful first few years of life, before he was re-homed and found love with the late Doris.

Fingers crossed that all goes well for Fifi. :thumb:
If I remember Beano, he was a gentle, amiable little fella.

Perhaps there might be a chance for him to find happiness and love once again. Oooooh I hope so. He deserves so much after his awful first few years of life, before he was re-homed and found love with the late Doris.

Thanks, we know she has uterine cancer its just a case of how far it has spread :( Which we wont know until they open her up tomorrow. But if it is well contained and easily removed she will definitely be on the look out for a companion :)

Thanks, we know she has uterine cancer its just a case of how far it has spread :( Which we wont know until they open her up tomorrow. But if it is well contained and easily removed she will definitely be on the look out for a companion :)

I will say a little prayer for Fifi. There could be love in the air. Here's hoping.:thumb::thumb:

:cry: I really shouldn't read these background stories they make me weep! Poor little bunny, how can they hope the fox got him?? oh my! I just want to adopt all the poor little buns but alas to be fair to the animals I can really only keep one pair at a time:roll:. I really hope he finds new love in the form of a bunny to snuggle with and a forever home to share with her. Aww, send him some hugs from me

Well Fifi is still with us but there is a high chance her cancer has spread. She is very lively but we don;t know how much time she has ahead of her. If she continues to do well over the next few weeks we would like to find her a partner, however I am not sure whether beano would be the right one. Only because he has already lost one partner so I would hate for him to loose another, although of course there would be no chance of him going back to rescue if that did happen, he would be here forever ;)

Well Fifi is still with us but there is a high chance her cancer has spread. She is very lively but we don;t know how much time she has ahead of her. If she continues to do well over the next few weeks we would like to find her a partner, however I am not sure whether beano would be the right one. Only because he has already lost one partner so I would hate for him to loose another, although of course there would be no chance of him going back to rescue if that did happen, he would be here forever ;)

I'm pleased to hear that Fifi has survived her op, but sad to hear about the chance that her cancer has spread.

I've just looked at Windwhistle Warren's FB page. It sounds as if Beano is really depressed and Alice is concerned about him.:cry::cry::cry:

I rescued him a a couple of years ago. He so needs a forever home and the love of another bunny.

Hoping that something good happens for him very, very soon.

I'm pleased to hear that Fifi has survived her op, but sad to hear about the chance that her cancer has spread.

I've just looked at Windwhistle Warren's FB page. It sounds as if Beano is really depressed and Alice is concerned about him.:cry::cry::cry:

I rescued him a a couple of years ago. He so needs a forever home and the love of another bunny.

Hoping that something good happens for him very, very soon.

I absolutely love Beano and would love to offer him a home if it is right for him. Maybe I will speak to Alice in a week or so and see what she thinks about the situation. From her FB page it sounds like he isn't up to a journey just yet anyway and we are a good few hours away.

I absolutely love Beano and would love to offer him a home if it is right for him. Maybe I will speak to Alice in a week or so and see what she thinks about the situation. From her FB page it sounds like he isn't up to a journey just yet anyway and we are a good few hours away.

Beano is adorable. I fell in love with him from the first time I saw him. :love::love:

Really hoping that you are able to help the dear little fella.

I'll say a little prayer for him tonight. xxx

Back