• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food advice please. Out of date vs bugs.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I just realised the food I have open at my parents is out of date. I opened the new bag and it's full of (I think) silk worms.
I'm seriously sick of Excel, this must be the third bag full of them. :censored: I might send them a sample back including a grub!

So what do I feed them tonight. The out of date stuff went out in October, looks fine but won't have much nutrients. I take it the contaminated new bag is a no no? :(

well if I had the choice I'd eat the out of date food rather than the one with silk worms in. Usually just a "best before" so will still be ok, as would human food? just my opinion tho x

I think the out of date stuff is 'okay' just it looses it's nutritional value. I'll get some fresh tomorrow, I just wonder if it's safe as Grim can't eat hay. :?

I know on my food it is a best before date rather than a use by date. In human food they say things might not taste as they did originally but they don't say it causes any harm, thats why they are changing the wording on things, cos people threw away food as out of date, going from best before, but it was a waste as safe for consumption. I can only assume it would be the same for animal food.

Back