• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Made another quilt!

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
dodgy picture, sorry :oops:

DSCF0549.jpg

that is stunning. I would love to be able to do quilting. My brother has a had made one on his bed from his mother in law and it is stunning. I know what i would like it to look like just dont have a clue were to start. Also want to make my cousin one for her baby girl. I was thinking of getting the Quilting mag which is starting up this week. but it takes alot of issues and alot of money to get the mags completed

that is stunning. I would love to be able to do quilting. My brother has a had made one on his bed from his mother in law and it is stunning. I know what i would like it to look like just dont have a clue were to start. Also want to make my cousin one for her baby girl. I was thinking of getting the Quilting mag which is starting up this week. but it takes alot of issues and alot of money to get the mags completed

thanks :oops: those mags r pricey to get them all and you don't get to choose the fabrics. i would recommend buying a jelly roll and one of the lintotts' books, eg http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jelly-Roll-...=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326094386&sr=1-6

Do you just stitch lots of squares together? Surely it can't be that easy to make something that beautiful?!

each of the squares has ro be assembled to. the white ones have a heart ot star shape handsewn on, the unicorns have coordinating corners sewn on, and the mixed squares are made from 5 pieces. then once you've sewn the squares together you have to quilt it to the backing, then sew on the edges. :)

I was thinking of getting the Quilting mag which is starting up this week. but it takes alot of issues and alot of money to get the mags completed
I don't think those magazines are worth the money - not least because you're making the same as everyone else buying the magazine across the country*. It's far more satisfying to make something unique.

Someone on another forum did the sums (and I've not checked the math!) but even though the fabric is included in that Quilt magazine that is being advertised on tv at the moment, to buy all the magazines in order to make that quilt it will cost about £350. :shock: You can buy a heck of a lot of books and fabric for £350.

If you think you might like to try, you could start off with ordinary squares in toning fabrics and make a small quilt. It isn't difficult and there will be Youtube videos if you do a search. Here's one to start you off... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQM8wI95xeI

*bet most of them never finish the quilt, though. Who wants to be forced take several years to do something? I'd lose interest.

Last edited:
I've seen material on ebay. It's not too expensive. So, could you make quilts and matching pillow cases? If I could get a book, I might be tempted to try.

Back