• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clicker training?

it works well with my dog but should imagine oscars too stuborn and would probably just sit there thinking what are you doing silly hooman im a wabbit not a doogy :no:

Yes, it works. :D:D Quite a few members on here have tried it; I haven't personally but I've trained my bunnies to go back indoors after free range time using similar methods.

There is a very informative thread on the Rabbit Awareness Week site about clicker training, there are also some links in the Bonding - Old Useful Topics sticky here (towards the bottom of the page).

Last edited:
Yes, it works. :D:D Quite a few members on here have tried it; I haven't personally but I've trained my bunnies to go back indoors after free range time using similar methods.

omg how do you get them back in! my bunny just decides to go running round the garden again lol:D

omg how do you get them back in! my bunny just decides to go running round the garden again lol:D

I rounded her into her cage and said in whilst doing it ad when she got in I stroked her and said good gir :D It kinda works but sometimes she stills ingnores me sometimes.

My aunties rabbit does it wothout a problem :shock: Its quite cool :D

There is a very informative thread on the Rabbit Awareness Week site about clicker training, there are also some links in the Bonding - Old Useful Topics sticky here (towards the bottom of the page).

Really interesting link.

With food! :lol::lol:

It took a few weeks probably all in all. I started by shaking the bag of pellets every time they got fed while inside their kennel, so they associated the sound with the reward. Then I moved on to shaking the bag while they were in the garden, rewarding them with a pellet if they came up to me, gradually leading them back in to the kennel & I would finish up by scattering some pellets in their run.

Now all I do is shake the bag and they run back in to the kennel & sit waiting to be fed. :D Or, if they've been out a while they take themselves back in and then stare at me until I feed them. :lol::lol::lol:

Back