• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Good luck for Bob?

Me and my old bun Bobbins need all the good luck vibes we can get!

My poor little bun has had a tough time over the past 6months!
He had a stroke (in the vets surgery), lost his sight, and was on medication for a long time. Luckily, he didnt stop eating, the whole way through, so kept his strength up !
We have just had the good news that he is well enough to have his dental (that was the reason i took him to the vets in the first place-so lucky we were there really!)
I am so happy that he is well enough to have the dental, but im so scared because he is an old bun, the vet has said its 50/50 as to wether he will make it through.
The dental isnt too urgent, but i would SO much rather have it done while it isnt causing him any pain/too much discomfort, and while he is still eating lots!

He is sitting next to me happily unaware eating his parsley at the moment, bless him!

Wish us luck for tomorrow please!

Hollie and Bob x

Ive attatched a couple of pictures from the other day! Him in his run outside. You wouldnt think he was blind, watching him bounce around happily! He is my little soldier!
Action shot:
fp36hl.jpg

Bink!:
2prcodw.jpg

Oh what a beautiful boy! and so strong!

I really hope that his dental goes well and he has a great and fast recovery :)

Oh he's just gorgeous, what breed is he? Looks like my nethie x lionhead :)

Wishing you and Bob lots of good luck.

I was so concerned when my bunny went in for her first GA dental aged 8.5 but now at 9 years old she's having them every 6 weeks and coming through as strong as a young rabbit so I hope Bob will be the same

xx

I dropped Bobs off at the vets at 9am, and i am just waiting for a call at around 2.30 ish.
Im so worried, the house is so quiet without him jumping around! :(
Good luck my little bobs x

Back